Bootable media can't see my Sata drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by salama, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salama

salama Registered Member

I am running XP Pro with TI 8. When I boot from the cd, I can't see any of the Sata drives. One of the drives has the image archive.

Salama

2. mareke

mareke Registered Member

I had a similar problem. When I used True Image 8.0 build 774 and burnt a new boot CD instead of using an old one Acronis could see my Sata drives.

3. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

you will need to update your acronis boot cd, (download new version and burn a new one) because the newer versions support SATA much better than the older ones (have more drivers installed)

4. rharris270

rharris270 Guest

I agree with the other replies: Get the latest build of TI8 and make new bootable media. Acronis adds support for new disk controllers with every release, so it pays to have the latest.

If the latest version does not work, then I suggest that you contact Acronis support directly. I had a similar problem with an early build of version 7, and they were able to guide me through running some diagnositics to provide them with enough info to identify the controller and that ultimately led to getting drivers for it in a later build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.