Bootable CD & Command Line

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JimmyK, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyK

JimmyK Registered Member

i would like to be able to create a bootable CD which contains an image of a hardisk and TrueImage Corporate Workstation.

the autoexec would then automatically restore and image to the hard disk. how do I go about this?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello JimmyK,

Regret to say that it's currently not possible to fully automate the boot into rescue mode and restore process. The nearest you'll get is to create a bootable rescue DVD that also contains the image file. After the DVD boots into TI rescue mode you will have to manually proceed through the Restore Wizard as normal. If you're still interested, have a read of this thread titled <How to create a bootable rescue DVD(s)>. You can use wdormanns original procedure or my updated/modified version - either work equally well.

Regards

3. JimmyK

JimmyK Registered Member

Thanks for the info. Will check out the post you mention.

4. BaBuBi

BaBuBi Registered Member

I would say there is a way to solve this problem using
    TI server edition. Server Edition includes dos utility ti_dos.exe which could be included in autoexec.bat

But the only problem is server edition costs $699 :)) Maybe you should ask your boss to buy server edition

5. JimmyK

JimmyK Registered Member

Thanks BaBuBi, I think I will wait until the Corporate Edition catches up :) I think command line automation is the only advantage Ghost has left over TI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.