Boot with Recovery CD hangs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Arknath, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arknath

Arknath Registered Member

Hi all,

Looking for a new backup software for my home computer. Used to use Ghost until I tried to get some technical support from them and I'm still waiting for them to get back to me (48 hours my behind). Soooo...

I downloaded the trial version of Acronis TI 10.0 to see if I wanted to change companies and everything seemed to be going great at first. I've made my first backup image and made my recovery boot CD (full boot) but when I boot the comp with the CD in the drive, it hangs at the "Starting Acronis Recovery " something or other (not at my PC right now). Just a black screen with that text and nothing else. I let it run for about 15 minutes and nothing happened.

I have a S-ATA hard drive and that's the reason I decided to use the "full" boot CD because I thought I'd need the extra hard drive drivers.

Any ideas? I'm running Windows XP SP2 with all the latest updates.

Thanks!

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Arknath,

The first thing to try is the acpi=off noapic workaround as detailed in the forum sticky titled <PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST>.

Regards

Menorcaman

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Arknath,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please do as Menorcaman suggests and try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you're not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.
    - After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stops scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5-10 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screen. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.