boot with nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Ronen, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronen

Ronen Registered Member

I have an infected system ( xp pro ) which I can not boot .
    I can boot it from norton AV cd and try to clean it but ....
    How can I do the same with NOD32

Advice ?
    ronen@com-line.biz

2. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

If the system won't boot are you sure its an infection causing the prob and not something else?

3. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

I had 2 friend having the same issue. Not being able to boot into windows anymore, not even in safe mode. So what I always do is make sure it is not related to a virus infection. What is the purpose of recovery if you recover with the virus infection on the machine. What I do now (without Nod32 boot diskette or CD) for my friends is.. I take my harddisk out of my machine, go over to their place, install it in their computer as bootdisk and start scanning for virusses. These 2 times the non-boots were related to virus infections. Yes, there are 1000 reasons why a machine would not boot anymore but the very first thing I want to make sure before eliminating all other possibilities.... is to make sure that the machine is virus free.

Well, I already recommended Nod32 to my brother and sisters. Right now one of my friends has a non booting computer... unfortunately I cannot go over to her place in the next 10 days. What I wanted to do is craete a bootable CD with antivirus on it (if possible Nod32) and send it to her. Then I could tell her and other friends... try it and buy it.

So.. how to make a bootable CD with Nod32?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards
    Itsme

4. steve1955

I know with kav you can ceate bootable floppys/cds which can be used to scan/clean machines,do you know anybody with this AV installed on their system that can make you an up to date copy(latest defs) of these which you could use?

5. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

hmm, there you give me an idea... why not dump the best antivirus in universe (nod32) and go for KAV right away? No, I'm looking to setup a NOD32 bootable cd soon otherwise I might consider other options. Does anybody know how?

Looking forward to hear from you.

best regards
    ItsmeAgain

6. sig

sig Registered Member

Hmn....Look in the NOD version manual page 52 onward for instructions on using the DOS scanner and commands (don't know if the manual available online has been updated for version 2, I have the one for version 1). That's all the info I'm aware of.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2004
  7. steve1955

Itsme:-I use both nod and kav in some ways nod is better in others kav is better,you do not need to dump nod to use the kav recovery diskettes it was just a suggestion to try and help you out, One way kav is better:- it is dead easy to create bootable recovery diskettes to use in the situation that your freind finds hersel in!

8. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Well, Nod32dos.exe does not seem to exist on my computer.
    Bye
    Itsme

9. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

If your drives are using NTFS, then you won't have access to them from a standard bootdisk. You'll either need drivers for NTFS, or a Linux/Unix solution. Bart PE might be good too, to get a bootable Windows CD.

However, it's very seldom that the system won't boot that will be fixed by cleaning a virus/worm. It's more likely that some files are removed or damaged, and have to be restored manually, or by using the Repair option of the installation CD for the operating system.

Are you getting any error messages?

10. sig

sig Registered Member

No, you wouldn't find it on your hardrive unless you had already downloaded it from ESET. Check out the download section of the ESET site: http://www.nod32.com/download/download.htm

11. dee

dee Registered Member

I'd like to make this boot diskette, just in case.

Being pretty clueless about the procedure, I'd appreciate some help here. I d/loaded the executable yesterday. Do I just run it & it will it install to its own folder, orsgould I place it in the Eset one? Also, will it be obvious as to which files should be copied on to a system disk? Am running Win98SE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.