Boot through from CD gone in 3633?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dennis-98115, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennis-98115

dennis-98115 Registered Member

First of all, I apologize if this question has been asked and answered, but this forum isn't the easiest thing in the world to search (I searched for "boot" and got over 1000 threads and didn't see any that looked appropriate in the first few screenfuls).
    In the previous build of True Image I had installed (build 2504 I believe), there was a countdown timer on the boot from CD and after 15 seconds or so of inactivity it would boot through to Windows. This appears to be gone in build 3633, requiring a mouse click to boot through. This means that I can't leave the rescue CD in my remote computer CD drive because if the computer is rebooted and I'm not physically present, we're looking at a major inconvenience.
    Did I do something wrong when I built the bootable media, or was this option removed altogether?
    -Dennis

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Dennis,

No, you built the bootable media correctly. By popular demand, the default boot into Windows feature was removed from Build 3567 onwards.

Regards

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Thank God or the Acronis programmers for that one. I'd turn my back and find Windows running again when I needed the Recovery CD environment.

4. dennis-98115

dennis-98115 Registered Member

Overwhelming negative response to a feature doesn't mean that it should be removed, it means that it becomes an option at installation time (but not the default). The code was already developed to do the boot-through with count-down timer, all you have to do is make it the non-default choice when the bootable media is built and everybody is happy.

- Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.