Boot Question

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by dsmythe, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsmythe

dsmythe Registered Member

I have a Mac Book Pro w/ a 200GB HDD running Windows 7 x64 and with PPM10 I created an Apple partition on the last 80GB of the drive. When I attempt to install OS X on the apple partition it says the disc needs to be repartitioned w/ diskutil and some GUID thingy.. Anyone know if there is a way around that with PPM10? or do I need to lay down OS X first then win7?

tia!
    -d

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

You may need to re-format the Mac partition with the OSX disk instead of Paragon, (you can boot from the OSX disk and use the disk utility to do this) this will add a Mac boot sector (GUID).

You shouldn't need to reinstall Windows, but installing OSX first, then Windows 7 would work as well.

3. dsmythe

dsmythe Registered Member

Apple doesn't "format" things.. they like to "Erase" them so I erased the partition again with the disk utility and still same error.

thanks,
    -d

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.