Boot problem after Cloning

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zanwar, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zanwar

zanwar Registered Member

Hello!
    I have created clone of my seagate SATA 40Gb hard drive of a newly purchased Maxtor IDE 80Gb hard drive. I am used Acronis True Image 9 for cloing. Everything goes fine after completing cloing message appears that states "Cloning process successfully completed.......... Press any key to restart computer".
    But when i restarted the computer it is giving me error message "Bood device not found" my original hard disk is not booting or the clone is booting both are giving same error message.
    I have tried all things my boot sequence is is correct and hard disks are also detected. I have did everything to boot from orignal hard disk and also from cloned one like changing boot sequence, removing original and cloned hard disk, changing jumper setting etc. but finding same problem.
    If there is any problem with my clone then why original hard disk is not workingo_O?
    Plz help me its urgent.

Thanking You.

Zeeshan

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  2. zanwar

zanwar Registered Member

I must change the boot sequence after cloning but i have not changed. Plz guide me what to do now.

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

After the cloning procedure, you must remove/disconnect one of the drives before trying to boot the remaining one.

4. zanwar

zanwar Registered Member

Thankx for advise yes i agree i must remove drive before first boot. But now i had happened tell me how can i recove my both drives?

5. zanwar

zanwar Registered Member

Hello Again,
    To Fix the problem i run windows xp setup and try recovery console but it displays the message that no hard disk found to recover where as hard disk is properly detected in setup program.
    Plz help me urgently i have tight schedule in university my both hard disks are not working :( :'(

6. zanwar

zanwar Registered Member

Is there no one to help meo_O

7. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

8. zanwar

zanwar Registered Member

Thankx Mr. Tom K. Charlotte, SRC drive is also not booting so i can try only method # 3. I have to use Win 98 bootable bcz Xp recovery console is not recognizing the Xp installation.

9. zanwar

zanwar Registered Member

10. Ralphie

Get ahold of a BartPE cd, boot with it, and check whether you see the general file structure that you had in your original Seagate drive.
    If you see the Windows folder, open it and check whether there are a bunch of files and more folders under it - if there are, there are two things to try:

1.) Search the forum for fixing the mbr and try that.
    2.) If fixing the mbr does not work, I would next try to do a Repair install of Windows. Do you have a Windows install cd? The Repair feature you want is the one that appears right after the EULA window. So do as though you are going to Install Windows, ignore any Recovery or Repair options until you get to the EULA window, after you press F8 to agree to the eula, in the next window will be the repair option you want.

11. zanwar

zanwar Registered Member

I am unable to read partions of hard disk. I have tried recovery console it is giving me message "no hard drive present or your hard disk have problems use manufacture's diagonistic s/w to fix problem". Xp setup is also giving the same error.
    But my clone hard disk is showing its contents. It is restarting computer continiously i have tried to start computer in safe mode or last best known configuaration but computer is restarted again and again. some time it gives error of Dynamic Drive Overley.

12. Ralphie

Have you tried what I outlined in #10 on the cloned drive?

13. zanwar

zanwar Registered Member

Yes I have already tried it i can't see the partitions of hard disk. I have tried fdisk/mbr but same results. But i can see the partions of cloned drive. but when i plug it system restarts again and again and i am unable to boot into windows not even in safe mode and last know goog configurations.

14. zanwar

zanwar Registered Member

I run Seagate disk manager on cloned (Destination Hard disk) and then run Xp recovery console i updated master boot record, boot.ini files and restart computer. Now I am able to boot from the Destination Hard disk 50% problem is solve.
    But I am till unable to boot from the Source Hard disk. I updated master boot record on source hard disk but it is giving me No Operating system error. Plz suggest now what to doo_O

15. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello zanwar,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that if you chose to erase data from the old disk (as described in chapter 12.3.6 “Old disk data” of the respective User's Guide), the disk is now empty. The solution to restoring disk content to the functional state would be cloning your now functional new disk back to the old one (while taking all necessary measures like removing one of the disks before booting after cloning).

If you did not choose the option to erase the old disk, please collect some information to let us investigate the issue thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report the way described below (please keep both hard drives connected during creation process):
    - Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.