Boot Media Builder fails recovery disk integrity check

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by JukeboxJezabel, Mar 12, 2014.

1. JukeboxJezabel

JukeboxJezabel Registered Member

I followed all the instructions for building WinPE disk with Boot Media Builder and it seems to have run flawlessly from beginning to end. When I check using the in File>Check recovery Disk I immediately get a not bootable disk that is red X'd. When I use the disk I get a light blue screen (not BSOB) and it just stops. I dl'd the proper Win 8.1 Assessment and Deployment Kit. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Many thing can go wrong when you use Boot Media Builder.

Try the easier way first. If you are using a Windows 8.1 computer, use Recovery Media Builder. Although there are some restrictions and limitations in this approach, the process is simpler and you don´t need WADK.

Another possibility is just trying the Linux boot medium.

3. JukeboxJezabel

JukeboxJezabel Registered Member

Thanks, for the advice. I tried to run the disk again and what I didn't pay much attention to was that in the Asus F12 boot menu screen under the optical drive there were two boot choices. Ultimately I deleted the doubles on the built ISO and reburned and it works fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.