Boot loader problem

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by aquaris, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aquaris

aquaris Registered Member

I downloaded and installed one your products... I think it was something related to recovery ....I have not seen that again..in your product list now.

any way... what I wanted was to recover some files from a floppy....and your software had no support for a floppy...so I unistalled.. it...since it was not serving my purpose...

But now it has done something...to my system...and when ever I start my system... a boot loader comes up....telling me...some error....telling me I am low on memory and could not find...boot record or something....
    and when I enter again.... it boots normally......

this pest of boot loader which you product installed on my system is a nuasance... I want to get rid of it....

First your product.... although named as a recovery program.... was of no use to me... and then that hell son of a gun ... messed My system...

How do I correct....this...

aquaris

aquaris@iname.com

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aquaris,

Thank you for using Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please let me know the full name of the product you used? Please also clarify what happens when you boot your system and what you mean by saying "and when I enter again".

Most likely you have installed Acronis OS Selector. Please uninstall Acronis OS Selector in one of the following ways:

Windows 95/98/ME – boot from Startup Disk and run "fdisk /mbr" command;
    Windows 2000/XP – boot from Installation Disc into Recovery Console and run "fixmbr" command.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. aquaris

thanks for taking Notice.......

Actually I lost my way.....and after going thorugh the thrash can and deleted Files ...from My email account I finally managed to come back to this forum again...
    LOL how stupid of me to delete the membership confirmation email sent from this forum....
    any way.

....My system is WinMe. ..and Yes probabaly it is the Acronis OS selector..... I will get back after going through your suggestions.....

thanks again...

4. aquaris

yes

Fdisk /mbr did the trick...

thanks...

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aquaris,

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.