boot from Linux CD

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by greeton, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greeton

greeton Registered Member

I have installed and partioned my HD with Disk Director Suite. However, since then I can no longer cold boot using the Suse Linux CD/DVD. I need to do that to be able to install it. Every time I try to force boot using the CD I get to the Acronis menu and have the option of either booting from the HD or from a floppy. I have a Toshiba Satellite Model PS190E and am normally running Win XP. Can anyone help??

2. greeton

greeton Registered Member

Boot from Linux DVD

Hi, I am new to Acronis and since installing Disk Director and partitioning my HD I can no longer do a cold boot from the Suse Linux CD. I keep getting the Acronis start up menu giving only the options of starting in Win XP or booting from a floppy. I am working on a Toshiba Satellite notebook. Can any one help me??

3. andyman

andyman Guest

Re: Boot from Linux DVD

I have a strong suspicion that you (or Acronis) disabled booting from CD-ROM in BIOS. Check there.
    Please consider that the boot attempt from CD-ROM or DVD will come BEFORE Acronis OS Selector is launched. Watch closely. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.