Boot from CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TimberWood, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimberWood

TimberWood Registered Member

I have an existing network share with a current tib file on it. I cannot see the tib file when booting from a CD. I can see the network share, just not the file.

Anyone with ideas?

Thanks

2. dld

dld Registered Member

My desktop and laptop are on a network. I have set H: drive (slave on my desktop) to share with my laptop (Windows grumbled a bit about my setting the root drive on share). I booted laptop with my Acronis Rescue disk 9.0.3633 and had no problem seeing my .tib files on H:

Is this what you are having problems with?

3. TimberWood

TimberWood Registered Member

Hi, yes this is my setup, and I have mapped drives to my network share. Getting to the network share is not the problem, seeing the file is.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TimberWood,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I would recommend that you download and install the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Then create Acronis True Image Bootable CD using the latest build.

In case you already use the latest build please try use the full UNC path (e.g. \\server\share\) instead of the mapped drive and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, please clarify the following:

- Is it possible to create a new backup and store it to this shared folder?

- Can you see the image archive when using Acronis True Image in Windows?

Could you please also do the following?

- Boot the computer from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD once more and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button, choose "Full Version" and wait for # prompt to appear;

- Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

- Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the issue appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.