Boot disk won't

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bill Funk, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Funk

Bill Funk Guest

160 pages of threads! Wow, that's a lot to go through. Search won't work, as question is too long.
    I just installed True Image 8, updated to the latest build today (June 24, 2005).
    When I either make a new boot CD or use the original TI CD, the system will boot, the "Loading" screen comes up after the initial splash screen, and the cursor blinks. Forever.
    Abit AV8 mobo, WinXP Pro SP2, various PATA & one SATA drives. Everything works except this.
    Not much use if I need to use an image.
    Any more info needed? Just ask.
    Any tips, hints, sugestions?
    Thanks,
    Bill

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Bill,

If you have any devices (other than keyboard and mouse) plugged into your USB ports then remove them before booting from the Acronis rescue CD.

If that doesn't work then try the acpi=off noapic workaround detailed in the Acronis Support Sticky titled <Please Read Before You Post>. Make sure you spell it "noapic" rather than "noacpi" ;). If that doesn't work then create the info requested in either II a) or II b) of the Sticky and forward it to support@acronis.com, along with a link to this thread.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.