Boot disk question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Waiting, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waiting

Waiting Registered Member

How do I verify the integrity of my Floppy-A boot disk? Using True Image 8.0 -- WindowsXP home SP1

2. mareke

mareke Registered Member

Use it. If your computer boots into Acronis outside of Windows and you can do all the steps in making an image or all the steps up to clicking on 'proceed' to restore an image then the Floppy-A boot disk is fine.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Waiting,

Firstly, I recommend that you rename your hard drives to something meaningful (e.g Main, Backup, Data etc.) because after booting from the Linux based rescue disks the drive letters will probably not be the same as under Windows.

Next, boot from the rescue floppies and check that TI can detect all your hard drives, be they internal or external. If thats o.k. then create an image to the drive you would normally store it on and use the Check Image Wizard to verify that the image isn't corrupt.

You can go the extra mile if you wish and work through the process of restoring an image up to, but not including, clicking the Proceed button.

If everything works as advertised up to that point then you can be pretty sure of success come the time you need to restore an image for real.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.