Boot Disk problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sideliner2, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideliner2

sideliner2 Registered Member

I have read the recently posted boot disk problems and will try to follow the suggestions. But to just make sure I don't have a different problem here goes:

Using ver 3677 TI 9, I can create a boot disk that contains the following:
    bootmenu
    bootwiz
    f11.cfg
    kernel
    mouse
    ramdisk
    splash.run
    When I boot from it all I get is black screen withe "Starting Acronis loader....."
    It never loads (waited over 1 hour).

Problem 2
    I cannot create a SZ. TI goes through the motions but no SZ. Tried with Recovery Manager Option and with out RM. Still no go. I have removed all IN CD but did not help. I have loaded Adobe Photoshop Element, Adobe Pro, Firefox, Thunderbird, WinPro, Trojan Hunter JV16, Norton SysWorks, Spybot S&D, Adaware Se, Acronis Disk Director, SynchBack, And Samsungs Synchmaster software (Magic Rotation etc.) nothing else. This computer is less than 30 days old so drives are clean. I have a SATA external connection and may revert to an external drive for backups. I have used TI for years and it has saved me more than once.

help if you can...

thanks sl2

2. ccg

ccg Registered Member

We also had a issue with the Loading screen. We found that using an external USB drive was causing the problem. We resorted to copying the image to a machine on the network then using TI to load the image from across the network.

Regards
    Chris

3. sideliner2

sideliner2 Registered Member

thanks ccg
    but I am working with my slave drive and not a usb drive. Maybe it has something to do with the mother board which is an ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe. I'll wait for others to comment.

thks...SL2

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sideliner2,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I am sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the issue with Acronis True Image bootable CD you have experienced may appears if the bootable CD was created not correctly. Therefore, please try to re-create Acronis True Imae Bootable CD using the latest build (3677). If the issue persists, please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

As to the issue with creating Acronis Secure Zone please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging. After that, please check the functionality of Acronis True Image. You should be able to create Acronis Secure Zone if successful.

If the problem persists, please enable logging by SnapAPI program, reproduce the program failure and send us the "snapapi.log" file which is located at C:\. You can also use Windows Search tool (available in Start menu) to find this file. Also create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Attach all the collected files and information to your request to Acronis Support Team along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the issue appears and the link to this thread. We will assist you.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.