Boot cd - Starting Acronis Loader...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PaulKraemer, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKraemer

PaulKraemer Registered Member

Hi,

I am using the 15 day trial version of True Image 9 home edition. I used the bootable rescue media builder to create an .iso file, and then I burned the this file to CD-RW.

When I try to boot to this cd, I get a message saying "Starting Acronis Loader..." but nothing happens after that.

Am I doing something wrong? Or does the trial version prevent you from creating a boot cd?

Thanks,
    Paul

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

When you install the software, there is a menu item for Creating the Bootable Rescue CD directly. There is no need for first making the .iso file.

3. PaulKraemer

PaulKraemer Registered Member

Thanks for your response.

I tried the "Create Bootable Rescue Media" option on the Tools menu inside TrueImage to create the bootable cd directly. I chose to create the safe version and the full version. This created a cd with one folder called "Recovery Manager". There were no additional files on the root folder of the cd. The "Recovery Manager" folder contained exactly seven files. Is this what the boot cd is supposed to contain or am I missing something?

It still didn't work for me. When trying to boot from the cd, I got to the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message but nothing happens after that.

Am I doing something wrong? Or does the trial version not allow you to creat the bootable cd?

Thanks,
    Paul

4. Chutsman

Unless the rules have changed, (quite possible), the Trial version should let you create the bootable Rescue CD. And yes, that's all you will see on it - one folder named Recovery Manager.

Some items that may make TI not work:

Multiple usb devices including hubs, keyboard, mouse
    Wireless keyboard, mouse.

If you have any of those try using standard types if you have them.

5. rafael

rafael Registered Member

Same problem here with my friend. You are not doing anything wrong. It's just the trial version will not allow cd booting as in our case. My friend likes the software so he bought a copy from new.egg, registered and updated to the latest build 3567, and then prepared a rescue/boot cd. This time, the rescue/boot cd from the paid version worked. In fact much better than my old Drive Image 7.0. which by the way is now included in Norton Ghost.

6. Chutsman

Hmmmm .... can anyone else verify that the Trial version will now NOT let you create a bootable Rescue CD?

7. pmaddock

pmaddock Registered Member

I just purchased version 9.0, updated to the most recent build, and the same things happens to me when I try to boot off the media builder newly created CDR. The message Acronis loading comes up, but nothing happens. The installation CD that came in the box works just fine, but the software created bootable cd does not work.

PM

8. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Chutsman

The same Hmmmm..... as it used to when I first trialled Ti, but that is way back in time. :)

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

My experiences with the trial version of Acronis True Image :
    1. I could create an "Acronis Bootable Rescue CD".
    2. The BACKUP program of the Rescue CD didn't work, because it was a trial version, but it works in the paid version.
    3. The RESTORE program of the Rescue CD however did work in the trial version.
    4. My keyboard acted as a QWERTY-keyboard, not as an AZERTY-keyboard, when I used the Rescue CD even in the paid version, which was annoying for typing file names and comments, but not really a disaster.
    5. The partition letters weren't always correct in the trial/paid version, which is very confusing for a first time user. So you better count on the partition names and don't call all your partitions "Local Disk", because the confusion will even bigger. :D
    (I had the same experience with the BartPE CD).

One thing I have to admit, ATI and its Rescue CD did a PERFECT job until now, even when my system and data partition, were erased with zeros.

So I bought "Acronis True Home v9.0 (build 3567)" recently after testing its main features.
    That's right, in the last weeks I did nothing but backup, restore, backup, restore over and over again in the worst situations, but ATI never failed, which is very important for a backup software.

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  10. pmaddock

My problem is as the other Paul was talking about - I used the complete paid version to create the bootable cd. All seemed well at the time of creation. I rebooted my computer, it appears like the cdr is recognized, the message Acronis loader appears, but nothing ever happens. I am never offered the Acronis menu for recovery. If I try this same operation with the installation cd that came with the purchased software (earlier build, still version 9.0), all works well. I get a recovery menu in dos. Any ideas?

PM

11. zzzz73

zzzz73 Registered Member

TI 9.0 Home Trial Version Build 3567 ALLOWS me to create a bootable Rescue CD. I am still using it.

Isn't it suppose to be FULLY FUNCTION for 15 days?

12. ErikAlbert

Acronis True Image (ATI) does fully function, but the BACKUP program of the Rescue CD created with the trial version, didn't work in those 15 days.
    I don't understand why Acronis did this and 15 days is also too short to evaluate ATI. After all this is a BACKUP software.

That's the reason why I bought ATI so quickly, because I wanted to know if the Rescue CD was as good as ATI itself and fully operating.

13. ErikAlbert

Did you wait long enough, because the Acronis loader is pretty slow, even on my fast computer? Did you see the nice logo of Acronis after the loader was started?
    After the logo you get a full colored screen of Acronis, a sort of advertising which takes also a long time and then you get the main menu.
    If not than I would create another Rescue CD with a slow writing time.

14. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Do not use the CD that came in the box, it likely has the old buggy build 2323 (or something like that).

15. Howard Kaikow

I was able to build a rescue CD with the old build 2323 trial.

16. Howard Kaikow

On my very slow computer, the screen appears rather quickly.

17. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Howard Kaikow

Thanks, as I was not sure and with the Idiosyncrasy of Ti one is never sure until it be done. :D

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

18. ErikAlbert

Speed isn't the same for everybody. Anything that lasts longer than 3 seconds is SLOW for me.

19. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

ErikAlbert,
    My experiences with drive letters caused me to make a change. Check out first link in my signature below. The problems with drive letter naming is the same in both versions and exists in many other backup programs--when booting from a CD or recovery partition.

20. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

If you encounter any problems booting your computer into the 'Full' version of Bootable Rescue CD created using either the free trial or the full version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then, first of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3625) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

If you are registered user of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then you can download the latest build (3625) from the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

If you use the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then just re-download it. The installation file should be of the latest build.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3625) of either the free trial or the full version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please do the following:

I. If the boot process reaches the selection screen advising you to select either 'Full', 'Safe' or 'Boot into Windows' option then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then please try unplugging the devices listed in Chutsman's post #4.

If that does not help either then please do the following:

- Boot the computer from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3625) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home once more and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to choose either 'Full', 'Safe' or 'Boot into Windows' option appears;

- After you get the 'Linux Kernel Settings' prompt, please remove the 'quiet' word, click on the OK button and choose the 'Full' option;

- As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens.

II. If the boot process does not reach the selection screen advising you to select either 'Full', 'Safe' or 'Boot into Windows' option then please try re-creating Bootable Rescue CD.

If that does not help then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Whatever the case, please also let us know if you receive any error, warning or informational messages. Provide the exact text of these messages. Let us know when you receive these messages exactly.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

21. pmaddock

I solved all of my problems by purchasing a new LG DVDRW burner. I do not have any problems anymore.

PMADDOCK

22. gderreck

gderreck Registered Member

I have had nothing but problems with the recovery cd as well. Reburned, etc. Furthermore, even if you get safe mode to work, you don't have mouse or usb support. That rules out backing up to, or restoring images from an external hard drive. But give Alexey and company credit. They included a Bart PE plugin with the install for vs 9, and if you create the disk with the plugin, it works like a dream. Boots in about 45 seconds, and is as stable as a rock. The progress bar is a bit quirky, but that is a minor issue. So I give acronis a duh (for the linux disk) and a well done for the plugin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.