boot cd not working in normal mode

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by evgdboy, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evgdboy

evgdboy Registered Member

hi, i'm using paragon free edition with an older dell 2400
    when i boot from the rescue cd in normal mode i get this:

WARNING: Ancient booloader, some functionality may be limited!
    Probing EDD (edd=off to disable)... ok
    Undefined video mode number: 314
    Press <ENTER> to see video modes available, <SPACE> to continue, or wait 30 sec
    =================================================
    The program cannot start due to incorrect BIOS settings or lack of video memory on your computer. Please inform our support team and we can help you.
    If you are an experienced PC user, you can try by yourself to increase for example, the <Frame Buffer Size> setting in the <Video configuration> part of your BIOS. If may help.
    =================================================

i tried resetting the video buffer from 1 to 8mb....still has the same result
    i've tried the "safe modes" and it does not detect my external hd where my backup images are stored....any help appreciated

(my next step will be making a BartPE build with a paragon plugin i guess but,
    i have to do some research/reading on how to do that and i'm not sure if that'll fix the problem: i'd hate to to go thru all that for nothing)

any help appreciated...luckily it's not my main machine

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

That's a Linux based CD and hardly works for anyone, including me! A BartPE or WinPE is the way to go.

3. evgdboy

evgdboy Registered Member

i was hoping that since it works on my newer compaq that it was just a matter of resetting something in the dell but i guess that'd be too easy.

i'll prob. just switch to macrium reflect (which works fine in either machine) til i get the time to figure out how to make a Bart PE

my only reason for trying paragon is that for a free prog. it's suppose to allow you to allow you to do a restore onto a smaller drive as long as the data will fit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.