Boot CD no network.....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by frankbergson, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankbergson

frankbergson Registered Member

Since V10 quit each time I attempted a backup, I next tried to backup using the Boot from CD option.

The CD booted successfuly and showed the opening screen. The USB mouse was recognized.

I selected Backup, and the screen went black, loading.....
    The mouse light then went off, and 4 lines of text stated USB device not found.

The backup screen then appeared, but the mouse no longer was recognized.
    The options for backup drive or files were displayed, but not the option to backup Mail or Outlook.

After selecting some files to backup using the tab and arrow keys, I clicked on Computers near me to select the destination for the backup, but NO NETWORK drives were displayed!!!

Please advise.......frank

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

In the filename box try putting in the name of the file (backup or restore) in UNC format.

\\computername\foldername\filename

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello frankbergson,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the standalone version of Acronis True Image (Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD) is Linux based and therefore, when you use the standalone version of Acronis True Image is simply not aware of the applications installed under Windows operating system and can not back up them.

When one uses the standalone version of Acronis True Image the following backup types are available:

- My Computer (image backup of any set of disks/partitions)

- My Data (file-level backup of any set of files and folders or an entire file category)

Backup of "My Application Settings" (file-level backup of Windows applications settings) and "My E-mail" (file-level backup of MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express settings and messages) available under Windows operating system only.

As for the issue with network please note that when booted from Bootable Rescue CD Acronis True Image may not detect the network. Such might be the case if there is no DHCP server in your network or your computer address was not identified automatically for some reason. To enable connection, specify network settings manually in the window, available at Tools -> Options -> Network adapters.

As for the issue with mouse in standalone version of Acronis True Image please try booting with "usbmouse=off" or "nousb2" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Namely, modify "Linux kernel command line" prompt the following way: "quiet usbmouse=off" and if not successful "quiet nousb2"

If the issue persists, please Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Also provide the exact model and vendor of the mouse you use. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

As for the issue with Acronis True Image 10.0 Home please describe the issue in more details: what exactly did you try to perform? Did you receive any error messages when you try to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in Windows?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.