boot cd hangs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mhidls, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhidls

mhidls Guest

Hi,

My server hangs if i try to boot from cd. I tried with acronis server versions 7.x and 8 but after f11 he write only: Initial ramdisk cannot load. Continue with <enter>, but he hangs too.

Any help please.

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

It's a long shot, but have you considered trying different recordable CD media?

3. mhidls

mhidls Guest

I changed the cd-device three times and tried all my boot cd on many other computers and servers. That should be enough...but I try it tomorrow.
    This specific "unbootable" server have a IDE harddisk as boot device like a normal computer and a vortex controller for raid-5 with 4 scsi harddisks. But that shouldn´t be the problem i think.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Please, can you write to Acronis Support at support@acronis.com about your problem providing as much info on the configuration of your computer as possible?

Then, when you get your Support queue ID, please PM it to me and I'll ensure that one of my colleagues will take care of it ASAP.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

5. mhidls

mhidls Guest

6. "A" User

"A" User Guest

Hi all,
    I'm getting the same problem on XP for workstation v8 with the last build (930). What was the resolution to this?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello "A" User,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if it doesn't help please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and write down the last strings of the output. Please send these strings along with the description of the problem and the link to this thread to support@acronis.com. Acronis Support Team will certainly help you to solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello mhidls,

According to a few other users, getting responses out of support@acronis.de has been patchy to say the least. Unless there has been a recent improvement, it might be better if you followed Ilya's advice and contacted support@acronis.com instead.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.