Boot CD for PB 2012 free

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by zaxatron, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaxatron

zaxatron Registered Member

H All,

This is my first post in this forum, I already searched for this issue but can't get answers.

I have downloaded and installed Paragon Backup Free 2012.

It is a fantastic program, really happy with it.

Now if I create a Boot Cd using the rescue media builder, it creates it fine, but when I boot with it I get a blinking cursor in the top left of my screen and it just sits there forever. I tried Normal, Safe Mode, Safe Mode low graphics to no avail. Tried to burn the ISO image on very slow speed also.

If I create the Boot Media on an USB flash drive, it boots fine, detects all the disks, I can perform backup and recovery.

Why is it so?

This means with the flash drive, it detects my hardware correctly.
    Has it got to do with the fact one is a read/write device (usb flash), the other is a readonly media (CDROM).

Another thing I could not workout is how to create a WinPE Boot Recovery Media. You cannot download the Paragon WinPE from Paragon under My Account anymore due to Microsoft Licensing rules that have changed since April 2012.

I have downloaded and installed MS WAIK onto my computer, does anyone know how to create WinPE boot media for Paragon Backup 2012 Free?

The documentation on the website applies to the WinPE from Paragon which is now obsolete.

Thanks and regards

Zaxa
    Merry Christmas to All!

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I´m assuming you are using Windows 7.

When you try to boot from the CD, are you selecting CDROM as the boot device? If you are and this is not the cause of the problem, create an ISO file and burn the CD with the Windows 7 app, or with other program (Nero, ImgBurn).

To create a WinPE, you can use Paragon PE Maker, https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=335734&highlight=paragonpe

3. zaxatron

Hi Robin A.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I am using W7Pro SP1.

My CDROM device is the first device to boot from in my disk boot priority list in the BIOS.

I did create previously as an ISO and then burned it to the CD using Imgburn at 6x speed (slow) using good quality CDROM media , but get the blinking problem. No problem with the USB stick.

Rgds

Zaxa

4. zaxatron

5. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Yes. I tried and the download stops at 98%. I don´t know of other url. Perhaps SIW2 will fix this...

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Sorry, file got corrupted.

Have re uploaded it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.