Boot cd drivers and Network Restoring Qs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Shollz, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shollz

Shollz Registered Member

I have used the support form feature and have not heard a response back from Acronis yet, so I will post here in hopes that they will respond.

Support ticket number sent Thu 7/27/2006 10:53 AM
    [Acronis #652720] bootable network restore

We manufacture many Metalforming Machines that are PC controlled. Each machine has a licensed acronis true image on it. I make the master image on a seperate computer and store them on an image server. Up until now we used Norton ghost, and I had a premade boot floppy to call ghost from the Dos environment and grab and restore an image from the server all in one button press. This makes it nice for the people assembling the PCs in the clean room. I would like to do this same thing with Acronis. Is it possible to do this?

The second set of questions.

Support ticket number sent Wed 8/9/2006 11:24 AM
    [Acronis #666619] Touch Screen Drivers

Some of our machines only have Touch Screens for input devices. We have USB and serial versions. The USB versions will move the pointer in the Boot CD environment, but the calibration is off due to not having the linux drivers installed. I would like the ability of addidng driver modules or a pre-compiled kernel with these drivers.

The controllers are from 3m, and they have linux drivers available for download.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MTouchSystems/TS/TechnicalInformation/TouchDrivers/

I could go the whole bartPE direction, but the legality of doing this on machines we sell is sketchy.

**Acronis Support** Please respond to these questions either with a post or e-mail.

Thanks
    Craig
    Electronic Design Engineer
    Cincinnati Incorporated
    www.e-ci.com

2. Shollz

Shollz Registered Member

anyone have any input?

3. Shollz

Shollz Registered Member

Do the acronis support people answer questions on here anymoreo_O

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Craig,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

As far as I can see, both your requests have already been answered by our support engineers. However, I'll post the answers here as well just in case anyone else is interested.

We recommend using Acronis One-Click Restore for your purposes. It allows one-click data recovery from an image archive located on a removable media such CD or DVD. Please see section 5.3.8 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide for further details.

Note that when Acronis One-Click Restore is used the entire destination hard drive is being overwritten with the data from the image archive. If there are any partitions persisting on the destination hard drive they will be lost after restoring the image with Acronis One-Click Restore.

Another important thing is that restored partition(s) are proportionally reszied to fit the entire hard rive when Acronis One-Click Restore is used.

I'm afraid that Touch Screens are not supported in Linux-based Acronis Rescue Environment, i.e. when computer is booted from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager is used.

We do have plans to implement the support for Touch Screens in the future Acronis True Image versions, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

I'd also like to mention that a possible workaround is to use Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE allowing one to boot the computer into a Windows-like environment loading the appropriate drivers for any hardware devices installed in the computer at startup. You will most probably be able to use your Touch Screens in such a way.

Please note that there is nothing illegal about using BartPE-based bootable CD. You can create it for any machine you purchased Acronis True Image 9.0 Home license for (just as usual Bootable Rescue CD). Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE comes with the Complete installation of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and can be found in \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE folder.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.