Boot CD doesn't split image????

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Scottb, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottb

Scottb Guest

The boot cd won't let me split the images so I can copy them to cd. Must I just direct the image to the burner. I like to have the image on the hard drive as well as cd.

Thanks

Scott

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Scott,

No offence but you must be doing something wrong here. Imaging from within Windows or from the boot CD is the same in this respect - the fifth page of the Create Image Wizard lets you select whether to split the image automatically or manually when imaging to a hard drive.

Due to the difference in drive letter assignment between Windows mode and boot rescue mode, are you sure you didn't inadvertently select your CD/DVD recorder as the image destination? This is easily done because, in boot rescue mode, TI doesn't prompt you to insert a disk if the recorder is empty.

Regards

3. Beach

Beach Registered Member

Menorcaman, question here about splitting though. I've read all the posts on creating a bootable DVD, but what if your image is lets say 20 gigs. Drive Image recognizes that there needs to be another CD-DVD during restore, and asks for it. Does TI do the same thingo_O?? I haven't seen a post to this yet. I am in this particular perdiciment. TIA

4. Menorcaman

Hello Beach,

Whatever your image creation split size, a 20GB image will occupy 5 DVDs. TI is quite intelligent when it comes to restoring images and knows when a disk is part of a split set. After booting into TI recue mode you just need to load the last DVD volume first and then follow the prompts provided by TI for subsequent DVD volumes. It's important, therefore, to number the DVD volumes correctly!

Regards

5. Beach

Beach Registered Member

Menorcaman--Thanks for the reply. When you say to number the volumes, do you mean numbering the DVD itself, or is this something you address in the burn process?? Thanks.

Beach

6. Menorcaman

Just write the number on the label (!!) side of the DVD with a sutable marker pen. If you want, you could also assign the same number to the disk volume name when creating the DVD compilation.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.