Boot CD does not provide network access

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by barrystuttard, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barrystuttard

barrystuttard Registered Member

Using a boot CD made from True Image V8 Build 800 I do not get access to my network when trying to recover an image. The partitions on my hard drive are listed correctly along with the CD drive but the normal "Computers near you does not appear". Using the boot CD on another machine the network access works OK.

I have an Intel D925XCV M/B and made it RAID Ready but never installed a second SATA drive. I have now removed the RAID setup using the instructions on the Intel web site. Might this be the cause of the problem and how do I fix it?

Barry

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. barrystuttard

Thanks for the response. When I hit F11 I get ^[[23~ Do I backspace over this before entering "quiet acpi=noapic" or just enter it?

Barry

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello barrystuttard,

Please press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears before the blue splash screen. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add the "acpi=off noapic" parameter (without quotes) to the end of the Linux kernel command line (do not remove the word "quiet") and click on the OK button.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. barrystuttard

Thanks, I've now managed the F11 trick but the acpi=off noapic workaround didn't solve the problem. So I've now made the sysinfo.txt file and have e-mailed it to support@acronis.com with other information.

Thanks,

Barry

6. barrystuttard

I have a problem trying to mail you. The mail is not being delivered and I get the following response:

"The message identifier is: 1DDQhy-000BiR-9m
    The date of the message is: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:28 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
    The subject of the message is: Boot CD does not provide network access

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

support@acronis.com
    Delay reason: Remote host relay.acronis.ru [195.133.213.209] closed connection in response to end of data"

This also happened about a week ago when I tried to send mail to support@acronis.com. Looks like the Russian site is misbehaving. Is there an alternative address I can use?

Barry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.