Boot and Restore concept

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by adrianyujs, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrianyujs

adrianyujs Registered Member

I have do some research and find a software that is "Boot and Restore concept". So far, i found these software: Deep Freeze, GoBack, FirstDefense, Shadowuser, and Drive Vaccine. Any other software like "Boot and Restore concept" not listed here? Please let me know if not listed here. So, which one is better? Here is what is discovered on different software:-

i) Deep Freeze - Very nice software, very small sized download, when reboot or shutdown, it act like normal, don't need to take a lot of time to shutdown or reboot. Because after Deep Freeze enabled, all the new file to be written to the hard disk is store at "Temporary" space or sector, so this will automatically deleted after shutdown or reboot.

ii) GoBack - Not as good as i think, because hard disk image will be created, in .BIN format. So, this will take a lot of disk space.

iii) FirstDefense - (Haven't try it, no time, sorry buddy!!!)

iv) Shadowuser - When reboot or shutdown, its take about 4-5 minutes. Because first time install it, it need to create and hard disk "IMAGE", then at reboot, it recover all the file depends on the "IMAGE" file.

v) Drive Vaccine - (Haven't try it, no time, sorry buddy!!!)

So, DEEP FREEZE is top software that cover "Boot and Restore concept", it is CHAMPION!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2005
  2. adrianyujs

C'mon!!!! why nobody find some BOOT AND RESTORE concept for PC and laptop? Now i found CLEAN SLATE and DRIVE SHIELD already, but haven't try it. Sorry for the ShadowUser above, i say it need to create IMAGE, but actually is not true, last time my PC got prob, so, shutdown take about 4-5 minutes. ShadowUser is best for my 2nd choice, it have exclusion list, which you can save file even you are in shadowmode(protected). My 1st choice is CLEANSLATE, give it a try!!!!!!!!!!.

3. adrianyujs

C'Mon!!!!! Now i founded these utilities:-

Deep Freeze - Most popular utility and easy to use

Drive Vaccine - I haven't try it.

Norton GoBack - um... probabky hard to find and download because this is old utility.

ShadowUser / ShadowSurf - I currently use ShadowUser, folder can be excluded, nice program.

FirstDefense - I haven't try it.

Drive Shield - Older utility, hard to find and download

CleanSlate - Hard to use. I haven't try it.

SysReturn - This type of recover system got two version, that is hardware and software version. I haven't try it.

4. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I'm not sure what you are doing. You say Cleanslate is your first choice, but haven't tried it. Also you haven't tried First Defense. It is not only my first choice, but I wouldn't live with out it.

6. adrianyujs

Lol! I say already, I say its hard to use and hard to understand, that means after i install it, then after i open the application, and i see the interface and realize that it too complicated. And its my first choice because my friend use that and he recommend to me. Now my first choice is either Deep Freeze or ShadowUser

7. adrianyujs

8. adrianyujs

Antarctica, you are out of topic, we are not means backup and restore.
    Drive Snapshot is backup the partition and save the file in another partition, and its waste hard disk space. What we means "Boot then Restore", don't need to create any file.

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Adrianyujs,
    Thanks for the list, which is easy to copy/paste on my computer.
    Since these type of softwares can't be discussed in a theoretical and above all OBJECTIVE way, I'm not going to participate in these threads anymore, because they always seem to end up in an emotional/personal fight.
    If members want nothing but facts and experiences, well then they have to wait for my remarks and that can take a very long time, because security isn't a full job for me, it's one of my hobbies.

I read alot of posts at Wilders with expressions like
    "I think ...",
    "I don't really know, but ..."
    "I assume ..."
    "In my opinion ..."
    "I guess ..."
    "I suppose ..."
    etc. etc. etc.
    Are these statements, based on facts, experiences or scientific proof ?
    Well I can start an emotional/personal fight over these statements too, if I want to, but that's a waste of time.
    I just read posts, interprete them in my own way and when it's interesting for me, I will reply but without getting personal.
    I don't see any reason in getting personal either, because I don't know anything about the members at Wilders.
    I'm glad that moderators always stop these fights with a friendly warning or remove the post or close the thread if necessary. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.