Boot Acronis From USB Stick

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremyotten, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

I want to create a Bootable USB Stick with Acronis on it.... for imaging of an HP T5720 Windows XP Embedded Thinclient...

Can anyone point me in the right directions....

Thanx in Advance

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for using Acronis Backup Software

If a USB flash card is formatted as removable media, not a hard disk drive (a hard disk drive contains a partition table), then Bootable Media Builder should be able to use it to create Acronis Rescue Media. The flash card can be used to boot a computer then, if the computer BIOS supports booting from a USB device.

* Run Acronis product
    * Pick Tools -> Create Bootable Rescue Media
    * Follow all steps of the wizard and select your USB flash card as media

Thank you
    --
    Alexander Gladkov

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Jeremy,

In addition to Alexander's advice, you might find something of use (such as the need to FAT not FAT32 format the USB pendrive) in this <previous thread>.

Regards

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

In addition to the advice already offered, perhaps this might help.

1. First step would be to install the files onto the USB stick as referenced by Alexander-support.

2. In order for me to bootup using the USB stick drive, I also had to access the Bios and change several options under the "Advanced Bios features" option:

...a. Under hard disk priority, I had to select the specific drive. My usb stick was identified by name. I simply had to move its name to the top of the listing.
    ...b. Under usb flask disk type, I had to select the emulate either FDD or HDD. I chose HDD.
    ...c. Under First boot sequence, I had to select the "USB-HDD" option.
    ...d. Saved the Bios Changes.

3. Rebooted with the USB stick in place, and the system booted into Acronis loader and worked same as the Recovery CD.

4. Afterward, I returned the BIOS to its original settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.