booom The new Rtd : Real-time Defender Smart

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Nizarawi, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nizarawi

Nizarawi Registered Member

RTD Smart v1.0 Beta 1 released

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

SHA-1: e1594c89c4312efc72c47e83ee8060e6e362fdd7 SHA-1
    checksum: e1594c89c4312efc72c47e83ee8060e6e362fdd7

For :
    Win2000_sp4 WinXP_sp2/sp3 Support System: Win2000_sp4 WinXP_sp2/sp3

Real-time Defender Smart Description:

Real-time Defender Smart(RTD Smart)(Host-based Intrusion Prevention System) Real-time Defender Smart (RTD Smart) is a behavior-based detection technology fully integrated into the operating system kernel of the host intrusion prevention system (Host-based Intrusion Prevention System), the system concept from the new security architecture design .

Through the process of the system, the operating system kernel, registry, security-related documents such as object classification and analysis, the relationship between the logic of the strategy through a set of tight, to your three-dimensional defense system. Object to be protected like a shield was placed in isolation procedures were not authorized to access them. At the same time, through our carefully designed to substantially reduce the shell box, the user requirements of professional knowledge is very low.

RTD Smart The first time RTD Smart Wizard automatically open after installation, after the establishment of the system database, system software to import and set up a list of simple steps such as set up after the completion of the restart the system, system protection that is automatically open. In the normal course of the software, you almost do not feel its presence, only a threat that may arise when the system, it will alert you and block the threat.

RTD SmartTherefore, RTD Smart will protect the security of operating system files and system software of the three-dimensional high-intensity defense, and for different software, you can set for different types of software for different types of protection, to meet actual business .

RTD Smart also allow you to set up private folders, the need for a password before they can access, the protection of your private files will not be leaked, stolen.

RTD SmartRTD Smart can meet your online banking, network security and day-to-day needs of security and effective anti-virus, Trojans, hackers of all kinds of attacks, so that your day-to-day Internet, office, games do not have to fear.

download now

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
  2. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

Hmmm, may wait a little time for this to 'mature' I think.
    It will be interesting in the long run to see if this can compete with EQS in any shape or form.

:)

3. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

It's developed by the same that launched RealTime Defender alias old PS ?

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

I will give it a spin on my test image, keep you posted

5. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Initial setup takes quite a long time.

6. Kees1958

Allready 10 minutes now

7. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

I hope to say some screenshots :D

8. risl

risl Registered Member

The program didn't let anything connect out, for example windows messenger didn't sign in. Then system completely froze when I started firefox. After rebooting it froze instantly. I couldn't shut down any programs, start any programs, or uninstall RTD and it cannot be killed from task manager. I had to uninstall it from safe mode.

XP SP3, no other security programs except Dr.Web/Windows firewall.

9. Kees1958

Got it working, very simple/easy interface

Builds a data base of already installed applications

Profiles the behavior of these programs

Notifies you on exceptions liek UAC does (darken screen)

Downside, prevented GeSWall to load (in itself remarkeble), after manually adding this worked ok

Intercepted the hook to keyscrambler when IE8 started: like UAC no remember option, so de-installed it

Has potential (a profiler type of HIPS), needs work, will be watching for next releases

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  10. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

It has a lot of potential. I am using it with DriveSentry and they are working fine; no conflicts. It is like a classic HIPS with "total" (not tested) untrusted file control similar to DW. I ran the Zemana Screen logger test as untrusted and it ran fine but blocked the logging ability.

11. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I also gave it a quick whirl in a VM machine. It took a good 15 minutes, to go thru everything, and for that time I was hopeful it would be great. Very disappointed.

First the ability to trust something was very confusing, and once it wasn't trusted it I couldn't find an easy way to fix it.

Also it broke FDISR. That was the deal killer. VM snapshot reverted.

12. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Pro Security with a pretty face? Still no Vista support.

Edit: website is currently down.

13. johncage

johncage Registered Member

RTD's official Chinese forum is working now. http://www.rtdefender.com/bbs/
    Next beta will support Vista.
    I'm waiting new Real-time Defender Professional(also freeware), but development is very slow.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  14. Kees1958

At least you managed to get something trusted, how did you do that?

15. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

ALmost everything it already found was trusted. One program it did stop I told it that the program was a trusted installer. I tried not using the option and ended up with an untrusted program. Couldn't find a way to set it back.

ALso couldn't figure out why it broke FDISR.

Pete

16. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

just try it also , and i am naturally compare it to the old v1 pro version , they look so different , the new version is something else , i wounder if it support all the old protection , coz u cant see nothing in the new beta 1 ....

17. guest

guest Guest

any screenshoot?

18. cruelsister

There really has to be a quick way to make something trusted; it's not available on the initial popup. I use Seaminkey as one of my browsers and RTD gave me an alert (which was surprising in itself). I gave it an OK, but on closing Seamonkey and restarting it I was alerted again.

Although I'm sure it would be easy to go into some RTD function and give a blanket OK for a specific application, I feel that something as basic as this should be intuitively obvious; anything else is just a sign of poor forethought on the part of the developers. This is unlike the original version which was elegantly coded.

19. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

i wounder if RTD smart and old RTD pro are same developer , coz only the name + its icon remind the old software
    in "modification" mode there are 4 level of secuirty (law,normal,strong,strongest) anyone got any info on it or help file ?

anyway site seems down , if anyone wishes try it , i upload to here

<Removed Link>

cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
  20. cruelsister

The Chinese company purchased RTD from the original developer. I honestly didn't think they were going to do anything with it as the purchase occurred quite a while ago.

Hope they get things worked out as I thought RTD was for me the best around (good protection and very few popups).

21. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

I have to agree with cruelsister, old RTD, MD are my favorite hips and I have tried them all extensively. SSM comes second.

Now to the topic, I tried RTD smart in a FD-ISR snapshot, it didn't broke FD-ISR as Peter's, but RTD smart felt awkward, a mix of classic hips and defensewall.

I really hope old RTD development won't cease.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.