BOCLean Update to 4.12

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Atangel, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atangel

Atangel Registered Member

Not a lot of detail as to what and why, but they just moved to 4.12.

http://www.nsclean.com/boclean.html

Upgrade requirements at the bottom.

E-mail them your purchase details and they'll e-mail you back the upgrade.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Got my new version 1 hr after I emailed them. :D

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Got mine within an hour :D :)

Time for a little sleep :rolleyes: and a backup-image before upgrading *puppy*

4. --ntl--

--ntl-- Guest

Is there any official statement regarding the changes? I would love to update our BOClean Report which Kevin dislikes so much. Hopefully, it won't be necessary to uphold (m)any of our reservations.

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

There's a brief statement over at DSL Reports in which Nancy notes that
    Since a couple of posts above have noted very quick turnaround in the update request, I'll mention that my inbox is still empty and I replied to their e-mail notice within an hour of receiving it. PSC did say to allow up to 24 hours for a response - I'll be at the halfway point to this sometime early this morning. So don't feel left out just yet, there's a reasonable spread in the response times.

Blue

6. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I looked at their changelog however not that clear to me.

what I do like is the fact that you can honeypot the malware Boclean finds. that is very interesting new feature that I would like to have...is it still that light as before?Never used it but sure is impressive all the good feedback regarding the effectiveness, resource usage and support.

hope someone can say something more regarding the plusses to their 4.11 version.

Thanx in advance

Inf.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

The two things I have noticed about the new 4.12 version... 1. Boclean seem to load faster at boot up (memeory scanning seems faster). 2. The new version loads new defintions faster after download.

8. Infinity

Thanx Namor

p.s. good to see you here:D

9. john2g

john2g Registered Member

10. Infinity

Thanx John

clear to me now, this is a nice upgrade if you ask me.

11. msanto

msanto Registered Member

Hmmm ... me, too. I replied to their email at 6:40 PST last night and still nothing.

12. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

I requested the upgrade at 10:07 PM CST last night and just now received the upgrade.

13. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

My guess is that Kevin and Nancy are now extremely busy with all the upgrade requests.
    I can fully understand that all who haven't yet received their upgrade, would like to have it too as soon as possible.
    But please, please give them a little bit more time.
    Going through many thousands emails isn't that easy ;)
    And please follow this:
    ===
    To upgrade your BOClean to version 4.12 (excluding BOClean EDS customers), please email us at upgrade@nsclean.com (or link on the appropriate box above). In your request, please include any or all of the following: Your order number, email address at the time of purchase, full name and on a separate line, the correct email address to send to. If there is no address specified in the email, the file will be sent to the sender's address. Please be sure this address can accept file attachments, and that your software is set to accept attachments as well. It may not be able to be received at many web-based email services (i.e. hotmail, yahoo or juno). We now send ZIP files as a default. If you cannot receive or handle a ZIP, please request an EXE or renamed EXE (a "zero-zero-one""001") if you cannot receive or handle a ZIP. This will help to expedite a reply and get you your software quicker.

Please allow 24 hours to receive a reply. We'll get your software to you as quickly as possible, but it's still possible there will be delays. Being sure the file attachment will get through first will be the biggest help in getting your file faster, and will prevent delays due to resend requests.
    ===

14. richrf

richrf Registered Member

It's been about 24 hours for me so far, and no upgrade. I believe it is because I purchased BOClean from CompUSA. At the time, I did not realize that I would not receive the same level of service by purchasing from CompUSA. It retrospect, the savings wasn't worth it. But waiting longer for upgrades is not a major issue with me anymore, since AT software is no longer critical to my security since I installed KAV 4,.5 and ProcessGuard 3.0.

Rich

15. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

Well, I bought it from Newegg, and my service is fine (that is, after everything was all sorted out a while ago when I signed up for the updates notification). Got mine within 10 minutes (of course, I replied right after I got the e-mail).

16. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

I bought my BOClean via digitalriver.com almost a year ago. But when I tried to follow their instructions.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    To download your software, please follow these instructions:
    Step 1: Go to http://www.findmyorder.com. Enter you order number and password and click submit.
    Step 2: Right click on the "Begin HTTP Download" button.
    Step 3: Choose "Save Target As"
    Step 4: Choose where you would like to save your download. We recommend saving it to your Desktop. Click "Save".
    Your Software will begin downloading at this time.
    Step 5: Once your download is complete, you must install it. To easily install your software, go to where you saved
    the Dowload and double click on the software icon. This will begin your installation process.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

there wasn't even that "Begin HTTP Download" button. Why so complicated? I tried that with Firefox and Internet Explorer too, but no success.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

17. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

Now it's OK. I got my BOClean copy to my email box.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

18. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Fellow Creatures if extended download service is past two years will it still work. I got to the order screen showed confirmation of order July of 2002 even showed upgrade to 4.12 was current product, but nowhere to click except a place to get to BO's Home site.

I think I will just do email and hope Comcast will allow EXE or ZIP attachment.

Can anyone confirm that it made it through Comcast Spam filters? And offer help Please... :doubt: Thanks

19. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

richrf, I got BOClean from CompUSA too. I'm still waiting for my upgrade after 18 hours or so. Let me know when you get yours or what steps you are taking to get it. Thanks.

20. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

mercurie,

All I can say is that I haven't seen my copy yet :(, but I do have my webmail client set up to retain the screened mail and it is not there.

jon_fl,

I'm also a CompUSA based customer and well outside 24 hours at this point. I realize that PSC is probably busy, but it's really not supposed to be working this way. In the earlier discussion on support for reseller supplied copies (see here), Nancy did point out that it would take a minimum of couple of months to get into the PSC database (such is the cost of the lower reseller price). I'd hope that I'm beyond that issue since it's been a little more than 5 months at this point.

I will resend my request and point to this thread requesting comment.

Blue

21. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

I also purchased BOCLean from CompUSA on July 28th. I forwarded the e-mail I had received from CompUSA, at the time of purchase, to upgrade@nsclean.com with the request for the upgrade and received the 4.12 zip file in about 12 hours.

22. msanto

msanto Registered Member

I still haven't gotten my copy via email yet, despite responding within an hour of their email to me. Also despite some people saying they got it within an hour of replying.

23. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

I fowarded my CompUSA receipt to BOClean at the time of purchase in October. I received an email in reference to this upgrade, so I have to assume I'm in their database. I'm right at 24 hours.

24. controler

controler Guest

Hello

I don't know about you but on my XP system, using the WIndows ZIP program, I have to right click on the
    ZIP file and selectproperties, then unlock or my new folder will ot contain all the files ;)

Bruce

25. msanto

msanto Registered Member

Well, I emailed Kevin and got the update. I must admit, every time I've had to email them, Kevin and Nancy have given first rate customer service. Hope you guys see this! Thanks again!

BTW, it was @#$@#$ gmail blocking the EXE attachment ... and email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.