BoClean Questions

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Drew99GT, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

I'd like to try this product. I understand it is essentially a real time product with no on demand type uses. It stops malware and destroys it in real-time. But does it have some kind of quarantine system like traditional antivirus/antispyware products have?

What happens if BoClean rids your machine of a supposed piece of malware that actually is not malware and messes your system up? That's what quarantines are for and I've dealt with this with Antivir FPs.

Thanks.

2. Drew99GT

Oh, and would it get along fine with SAS Pro and Antivir?

3. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

CBoc can be config'd to keep copy of the trojan, but it also has an exceptions list with drag&drop abilites for white-listing your trusted .exe's.Very easy to use!

4. Drew99GT

Upon installation, was email required, cause I didn't give it! Seems to work fine. Also, it hangs a little (takes 1 or 2 minutes) to generate the notepad file with the list of covered malware. Is that normal?

I like this program a LOT! How easy can it get!

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Took about a minute and a half to generate on my system.

snowbound

6. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I gave my email address when I subscribed to update notifications... a real plus if you don't care for auto updating.

The covered malware list generation took 1 minute for me just now. I never paid attention until you asked.

I like the program a lot too. I've been a user for more than 5 years. Also, this program generates fewer false positives than any other that I currently run or that I have tried.

Program upgrades are not handled as seamlessly as I would like. Kevin always had a certain way of doing things (when releasing a new build) that must have been necessary, but always seem convuluted, to me. But more often than not everything worked okay at the end of the day.

I was not a great big fan of the sale to Comodo, but I like the program enough to not let the new company spoil it for me, and I'm happy to report, they haven't.

Good luck.

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I have it running along with SAS, AVG, SpywareBlaster, and my AV, NOD32. No conflicts at all. I haven't gotten any trojans since I installed BOClean, so I can't comment on the way they are handled. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.