BoClean is slowing down OOO

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Tommy, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

On my system BoClean is slowing down the opening/starting of Open Office Org applications.
    Does anybody has the same expirience? Is it advisable to put those applications into the excluder?

2. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

My guess (only a guess) is that it is Open Office's general slowness, rather than BOClean. I have Open Office on a machine that only has eTrust AV 2005 (very light indeed) and it does take a while to start up.

I had previously run BOClean and Nod32 on the same machine (at that time it did not have Open Office, rather it had MS Office 2000), and I did not find the combination to slow down any apps.

All that said, probably not much harm can be done in adding OOO to the exclude list.

3. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

Optigrab has more than likely hit the nail on the head. OOo although being an excellent program is notorious for slow start up, [but not on my new core 2 duo, smirk, smirk]. I've run Boclean and OOo together for quite awile and haven't run into any conflicts between them. But as Optigrab says if your concerned ad it to the exclude list and see if it makes any difference, my guess is it will still perform the same.

4. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

You are right folks. OOO starts up slow the first time excluded in BoClean or not.

5. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I have Star Office 6.0 (paid version of almost the same), I opened a spread sheet for a loan table today on "MY PC". I saw no slow down I could notice. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.