BOClean excludes?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Robyn, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have been running BOClean without any problems and love the program. I am not too sure how much CPU it requires but is the 'excludes' list the same as I would configure my AV to exclude my firewall logs from BOClean's scans so that it uses less CPU? (plus my AV in this case) o_O

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi Robyn,

Many here use Process Explorer to track the CPU usage of individual apps such as BOClean. Since there are CPU usage issues currently involving Process Guard and BOClean, it was suggested that adding PG to BOClean's excluder might reduce BOClean's CPU usage. There was an apparent reduction, but in the long run BOClean's CPU usage rose to the same levels as before. It turns out that the reduction was a result of merely opening and closing the GUI.

Since the release of 4.12, I have not added any security app to the excluder. When the excluder was introduced in 4.11, I did exclude all my security apps. As time went by, I removed them with no ill effects or improved performance.

Nick

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thank you for your reply. I will go to your link tomorrow. It sounds like BOClean is similar to Outpost Pro - open and close GUI and the memory drops. I think it is due to they way Windows allocates the memory to each program.

I did wonder at BOClean using more than I thought it would but I am happy if I am safe :) thanks again

4. Howard

Howard Registered Member

BOClean should be using less than 10% CPU (except when programmes are launched etc); been some problems with 4.12 and CPU usage (I'm a major sufferer of such) and I have been running BOClean 4.12test for a couple of weeks now and BOClean averages around 5% CPU usage. Hang in there and wait for the beta testing to complete and the new build to be released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.