Boclean Error?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by ellison, Dec 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison

ellison Registered Member

Recently Ive been having some boclean errors , that perhaps users ,here may have seen before.Firstly if i drag a program executable into the exclusion folder ,it enters but when i then press "done" i get an illegal operation error....
    BOCEXC caused an invalid page fault in
    module BOCEXC.EXE at 016f:0040411a.
    Registers:
    EAX=00670300 CS=016f EIP=0040411a EFLGS=00010246
    EBX=00000000 SS=0177 ESP=0067efc0 EBP=0067efc8
    ECX=ffffffff DS=0177 ESI=0000004c FS=27b7
    EDX=00000000 ES=0177 EDI=0000004c GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    f2 ae f7 d1 8b 7d 08 8b c7 8b d1 d1 e9 d1 e9 fc
    Stack dump:
    0067fb98 00000001 0067fb90 00402c8a 0042b7bc 0000004c 0067fb98 00008c06 0067fbe2 5455454e 004e4f52 00000064 ffffff9b 00000000 00000000 00000000

Secondly when i get a bad shutdown for example boclean crash recovery is throwing up a programme folder that i dont even have on my pc (see attachment).Uninstallation/reinstallation (including reg entries/folders etc) produce the same results.This also happens if only boclean is running and the only other process is explorer.
    Im using w98se p3 733 ,256 ram.Resources are ok and in the 70s.Anyone know what the problem may be?
    tia
    ellison

Attached Files:

2. muf

muf Registered Member

Unless someone here has had exactly the same problems then i'm sure you would be better sending an e-mail to Kevin about the problem. He'll help you sort it in no time i'm sure. Uninstalling and reinstalling is the usual first step to take. Having tried that and not finding a remedy then i suggest you copy and paste your question here and e-mail it to Kevin. support@nsclean.com

muf

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Thanks for reply.Ive sent a mail to kevin as per your advice.
    regards
    ellison

4. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I'd be interested to hear if you get a reply on this.
    -

5. ellison64

Ill keep you informed.I havent heard anything yet ,but it is christmas :).Ive never really had any trouble with boclean , except since i reinstalled w98.I ve put the programmes back on that i always had , but get the crash recovery error (in the pic) and the exclusion folder illegal error problem now.Ive updated all critical updates etc.Registry seems nice and clean ,so im not entirely sure whats causing the problem.Any way ill let you know what kevin says.
    ellison

6. Nancy_McAleavey

Nancy_McAleavey Expert Member

Hello,

Hope you had a good holiday. Did you get Kevin's reply to your email yet? Sorry for what seemed like quite a delay, yesterday he spent time in the lab getting the trojans. Malware releases are common on holidays, when their authors think there's nobody watching.

7. nameless

...and do I think that Nancy happened upon this thread on her own? Oh, sure, sure I do. No, really. :)
    -

8. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

nameless,

What is your point? o_O

Their concerns were adressed here..

If i'm missing something, please fill me in.

snowbound

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  9. ellison64

Well as promised , heres an update to the error im encountering with boclean.Kevin seems to think its a corrupted excluder file (boc411.dat) found in windows folder.The folder C:\ ignored which boclean throws up is apparently a marker for excluded files within the exclusion folder ,therefore reinforcing the corrupted excluder file view.The cause of this is most likely a windows bad shutdowns (98/se is notorious for this).Ive installed the mapped drives shutdown patch which helps bad shutdowns apparently ,but this hasnt helped in this case.The workaround for me is to delete the offending file (boc411.dat in windows folder) and untick the 10 second recalibration rule in boclean configuration.This will have no detrimental or protection effect whatsoever,Kevin assures me ,so thats what ive done.All seems to be working fine again now.Id like to thank Kevin for replying so quickly.I did not expect any reply until after the new year and personally think it would have been very unreasonable to think that i should have.So thanks to all that replied here andespecially to kevin and family for such quick and helpful reply.
    ellison

10. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Glad to hear it your problem was fixed. My support experience from Kevin is similar to above for my own problem on my old ME OS. I felt compeled to submit this post after...well I'll behave.... :mad: Hint: good software with bad support....Darn I said I would behave :blink:

11. nameless

My point was that I'm quite sure one of the BOClean fan club watchdogs saw my comment, was concerned that the BOClean folks would appear in a bad light, and notified Nancy about this thread. I bet I even know who it was, but no, I won't say, in case I am wrong.

So yeah, everyone... criticize me, slam me, hate me--I genuinely don't care. I've been ignored multiple times on BOClean support issues. And not stupid support issues like "can you make the icon flash more?", but "really bad system problems, definitively related to BOClean" issues.
    -

12. Nancy_McAleavey

Nancy_McAleavey Expert Member

If you have been ignored after directly emailing us, I'd really like to know about it, find out why and get the problem fixed. As far as support through forums go, there's very little time in Kevin's schedule to get to any or all of them. In addition, in cases like you are describing, we typically need diagnostic tool results for a particular system, and we don't feel a public forum is an appropriate place to post personal system details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.