BOClean as AV, AT and AM??

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by dgho, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgho

dgho Registered Member

Just wondering... Would it be safe enough to run a PC only with Firewall (LnS) and BOClean? o_O

From NSClean.com site, I know that BOClean positioned itself as a 'secondary' protection. But if the concept of BOClean really working, why need the others (AV or Anti Malware)?

2. Nancy_McAleavey

Nancy_McAleavey Expert Member

I would recommend an AV. BOClean does not handle file infector viruses, never has. BOClean will handle whatever (spyware, keyloggers, bots, trojans, etc.) the AV doesn't get. However, you really don't need more than an AV, BOClean and your firewall.

I use email screening to get email vector malware before it gets downloaded - wiping out any mail with attachments from an unknown or suspicious source. I only use an AV for scans, but I wouldn't recommend that not knowing how and where you surf, nor your experience level in detecting nefarious email.

3. dgho

dgho Registered Member

Thanks...

Just buy BoClean today. Now, my notebook run Avast, PG, and BoClean. :D

4. Nancy_McAleavey

Nancy_McAleavey Expert Member

First of all, thanks!

One note: Be sure that PG allows BOClean full access to the system. You want BOClean to be able to catch malware that gets around PG unfettered. Other than that, the two get along very well.

5. dgho

dgho Registered Member

Thanks for the warning, I didn't think about that before...
    I opens the PG, but couldn't find BoClean files on the protection tab.
    It does listed on the security tab. So, I am manually adding the 4 files of BoClean: boc4upd.exe, boc421.exe, bocexc.exe, and bocore.exe with authorization to: terminate, modify and read. Also: install global hooks, install drivers/services, and access physical memory.
    Do I need to uncheck the termination and modification from "Protect from"o_O

Thanks.

6. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

I would leave those checked as they are protecting BoClean from being modified or terminated by other, possibly rogue, processes. These settings will not cripple BoClean's cleaning functionality.

7. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Yep, "AV, BoClean and your Firewall", that would be my set up. Clean system and no over burdened PC resources either on fully patched XP 6 year old, 800 MHz, 256 RAM Compaq ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.