BOClean Anti-Malware needed?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by duke1959, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I'm only using Avira Premium and Mamutu, but was wondering if BOClean would add to my security? I know it is considered an antimalware that detects in memory, so wouldn't it compliment Avira and Mamutu? I am behind a wireless router firewall and have Windows XP enabled. Thanks.

2. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

I really suspect that if you have a good comprehensive AV program you may not need it. I have used it with NOD32 & it did nothing until the day that NOD Missed a trojan. Wow it wiped out that malware so fast it wasen't funny. However I still haven't come to terms as to if it is really needed or not. It is however free & works well.

3. HURST

HURST Registered Member

I also had BOClean some months ago. It destryed some trojans that NOD32 missed.
    I don't know if it is really needed with a behav. blocker like mamutu...

4. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

I run Boclean with Avira Suite. They play well together.

It's there because I like a second opinion plus Kevin seems a decent chap who wouldn't issue rubbish.

It's not done anything for me but I do consider myself a safe-surfer. I use the Firefox WOT extension to give me a rating on sites https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3456.

I've tried various HIPS and behaviour-blockers and come back to black-listing products like Avira and Boclean because I have always had problems with the bleeding edge technology and I have got fed-up with figuring out why.

I like computers but am not 'expert' enough to enjoy solving problems.

Ian

5. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Boclean was once highly regarded here on Wilders,but whitelisters took over and Boclean fade into limbo,but for what reason ?

6. HAN

HAN Registered Member

On my PCs, I moved from BOC to ThreatFire. I felt BOC's protection was not broad enough anymore. Behavior based protection (IMO) is stronger and covers much more than trojans and keyloggers (BOC's advertised strengths.) So IMO, adding BOC to Mamutu may well bring nothing new to the party...

7. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I always had Boclean in the mix in the past and there were quite a few times that something breezed right past whatever AV I was using at the time only to be stopped dead in it's tracks by Boclean. Lately I hadn't been using it where I had been testing out other stuff to see how it works but with the new release of Boclean it's back in my mix again and probably to stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.