BOClean and ProcessGuard

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Howard, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard

Howard Registered Member

This is a spikey topic ;)

I was one of the people who had a really bad time with BOClean every ten seconds taking up to 40% and more of my CPU - big regular spikes of CPU activity; indeed, for a time I uninstalled BOClean and then for a time I was running a special version of BOClean (thanks Kevin!). Eventually with the current BOClean - I am running v4.21.002 - and ProcessGuard v 3.150 the CPU spike was around 11%. I was content, even though I know other BOClean users were seeing CPU spiking of under 5%

There was a lot of disucussion about who and what was to blame for this CPU activity and I reckon in the end blame was seen to land at the door of BOClean (I am not saying I thought BOClean was at fault, just that this is how I feel the discussion went). Well, I have just installed the latest released version of ProcessGuard 3.410 and the CPU spike with BOClean has magically dropped from 11% every ten seconds or so to 3%. I have changed absolutely nothing else at all, just upgraded ProcessGuard ...

Like I said, this is a spikey topic :p :D

2. dgho

dgho Registered Member

Mine still around 10%. Using PG 3.410 Full Version and BoClean 4.21.002. I tried to use the Program Exluder to exclude all PG files, but after dragging the files and hit DONE button, and re-open Program Excluder again, the files from PGs is gone?

3. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Hm, I do not have any programs excluded, but just checked out the excluder with procguard.exe and it worked as expected - drag/dropped the file, clicked done, reopened excluder and the file is there (have now removed it) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.