BOClean (and maybe TrojanHunter) questions

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by SecurityFan, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get

Get Guest

With respect muf, but I (Get) think you (muf) read pepim's post wrong. I (noooo!! not again!!!:eek:) think the above is what is meant.

2. hubbahubba

hubbahubba Guest

I'll tell you what really gets old - is hearing every non-objective BOClean user (other than Illukka, who is one of the few objective BOClean users) every time the product is brought up in a topic in these forums. Talk about wanting something NEW - how about a fair assessment of BOClean with a little (just a little) criticism or constructive critique of the product every once in a while. For example, there was no need for muf to post his last post to pepim (just above) in such a sarcastic and elitest fashion, other than pepim had the audacity to support someone's else's right to question that BOClean isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Without a doubt, THE most biased and unobjective worship and total praise comes from the BOClean cult. It makes me appreciate Ewido, A2, Trojan Hunter and others a whole lot more because at least users of those products give the appearance and impression of being more honest with more integrity. They will admit their product of choice isn't perfect and don't go into attack mode whenever somebody doesn't bow down to it

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

On the contrary, some BOClean users themselves have criticized the lack of a full on demand file scanner and the lack of a trial version. What puts them in attack mode as you call it is the knee jerk bashing that occurs when the product is mentioned from people who can't see straight because of a crippling bias. ;)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I guess you guys just like to snipe at each other. I gave a link where Nancy explains why BoClean has no trial. It appears none of you bothered to read it. You all just like to put BoClean down. The fact that BoClean has NO trial is one of the major reasons it is so great a product. But I suppose extremely important legal distinctions are beyond the interest/understanding of many posters here. If you want to criticize something do so from a position of STRENGTH. I don't see that here. (For instance, considering the lack of a full on demand scanner to be a weakness indicates a lack of understanding of how trojans work and how protection against them should work). Plus, if we want to talk about fanboys, the NOD32 crowd is far superior to BoClean users in that regard.

5. The Hammer

I happen to agree with you for the most part. I removed the part I don't agree with from the quote. I'm just stating for hubbahubba that criticizms have indeed been made by BOClean users valid or not, as he says BOClean users are incapable of finding fault with the product. Nyet all Av's have some fanboys. ;)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  6. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

Great post - not having any technical background in computer security, I did not know any of this. Adds perspective for me.

Rob

7. The Hammer

"Be wiser than other people if you can, but do not tell them so."
    -Chesterfield

8. SecurityFan

SecurityFan Registered Member

I'd like to thank everyone who responded to the questions I asked. Muf's answer was particularly helpful. Mele20's link was very informative! I learned a lot from this. I also enjoyed reading the other posts.

About ewido -- A while ago I tried this on my own XP machine and it slowed everything way down. I turned off the real-time monitor and my system still seemed a bit unstable. So I used GOBACK to restore to a point in time before the install. As for my sister's Windows ME machine, even if I was inclined, as far as I know ewido won't even run on that.

Thanks
    Art

9. Mikkey

Mikkey Guest

I have to side with muf here. You highlight the OP as being able to do whatever he pleases to do. The OP has neversaid they wanted opinion on A2 or Ewido. And as far as i can tell, muf never once challenged SecurityFan. So i also wonder why you say OP can do whatever he pleases to do. The OP only ever asked for opinion of BOClean and TrojanHunter. Find me a post from SecurityFan that asks for input on A2 or Ewido?

M.

10. Get

Get Guest

I merely translated pepim's post into what I think was meant by it and I didn't give my opinion about it. BTW my opinion is that when I ask something about the difference between two programs and which one is the better choice I would personally cheer other options being highlighted by someone, because maybe I don't know them and just maybe these are even better options than the ones I started with and of course I would still be able to make my own decision.

11. muf

muf Registered Member

Ok, lets for a second assume that SecurityFan welcomes the suggestion's from tuatara. So please tell me why tuatara is advising Ewido and ProcessGuard when SecurityFan already said it's for his sisters WinME pc. And i'm sure you are aware that those two application's do not run on WinME!

The problem you get is that once someone starts to suggest an alternative that veers away from the OP's question, then other people may throw their suggestion's in. After a while the OP will be so confused that they will be in a worse position than when they started. This is why i feel it is better to keep to the question originally asked. When a thread turns into a 'free for all', then it gets fragmented and diverts into an opinion poll.

I use BOClean and Trojanhunter, gave my view about them and kept to the OP's question. If someone had asked for an opinion on A2 then i would answer that as i'm a user of A2 Personal. I also run Kaspersky, NOD32, Spy Sweeper, PestPatrol, Spy Cop etc etc. But i will save my opinion of them for a thread that asks it.

muf

12. Get

Get Guest

Maybe tuatara isn't aware of this? You should ask tuatara and not me. I'm allready surprised WinME runs. As for "throwing suggestions in" my opinion is that as long as it concerns the same type of software (which works on the OP's system of course) there's no harm in it, only a chance (not a certainty of course) for improvement. When let's say someone who isn't really into pc's asks if he should get Norton or Mcafee AV then it would be almost criminal to only answer the question and don't point out there are "maybe" better options.

13. pepim

pepim Registered Member

Hi muf,

Well I really don't understand why you are reacting this way on my post, I was just asking a question and thought I did it in a polite and friendly way, even when I reread it I couldn't find anything impolite or insulting or whatever.
    I don't know tuatara at all and never read his posts before, but in my eyes he was just giving information.
    Also I didn't know there was an unwritten (?) rule at Wilders, that you only can react on the question of OP.

14. The Hammer

Haven't you read that tuatara has worked for several Fortune 500 companies? If he isn't aware then he should be. Certainly more so than you or I as he sells security products, so he ought to know what operating systems they run on. No it wouldn't be criminal to answer only a question concerning Norton or McAfee because they are both fine Av's and "better" is largely subjective. After answering the OP's question concerning the two Av's in question you might suggest that they can look here https://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32 if they are interested in expanding their horisons beyond the two. That way you've answered the question without any bashing and you've peaked their curiosity.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2005
  15. Get

Get Guest

This means AV's are different and the OP could be unaware of what these differences are and pointing them out to him/her could be benefitial to him/her and therefor I disagree. You edited your post just in time :mad:, but ok pointing out there are other options by giving him/her that link is also ok when you want to save forumspace.

16. The Hammer

That's fine. We'll have to agree to disagree. But this is what muf was talking about , as were not even discussing AT's now at all never mind the two mentioned in the original post way back when. :D

17. Get

Get Guest

Original post? o_O

18. The Hammer

BoClean and TrojanHunter post #1 in this thread. ;)

19. Get

Get Guest

Ah yes thx for pointing that out. Back on track.:)

20. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Ewido,ProcessGuard, and Shadowuser are not "windowsMe" compatable. I'm a happy boclean user. It's caught alot of nasties.

21. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

All,
    I used BoClean on my old Compaq when I ran WinME. I had trouble with BoClean locking up the system.

I emailed Kevin (support). The problem was Norton System Works was eating up to much resources. Kevin and I had a series of emails going back and fourth tweaking BoClean on my system. Like custom made for me until my problem of lock up was solved.

Kevin took time in his busy schedule to help a single user, whose system resources were overtaxed by another company software, whose PC needed another RAM card, but could not afford it...until it was made right!

Those who have heard this before I thank you for your patience.

Did I mention the great customer service that BoClean offers.... :D

22. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Thank You :ninja:

23. Get

Get Guest

24. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

If you have to choose between the two above i would go for TrojanHunter.

Furthermore, yes i am a reseller of software, and as you can see i only sell
    the products i really believe in.

And of course if there are others that think they are the worst selection one can make, i always like to hear why.

That is one of the reasons that i am often here..

And for the record.. i NEVER sold a product to an Wilders Forum poster yet!

I don't sell the most profitable or easiest to sell brands.
    And i don't sell software i don't believe in.

And i have been always open and clear about that,
    i think that this is more honest, then login as a guest,
    or hide this information or your commercial background.
    The reason that i mentioned 2 other AT's was because i think,
    that they were important to mention here, i can't really understand
    that this is perhaps is not appriciated?

I think that everybody can give his opinion in this forum,
    and you never know WHY people are positive about software.
    Perhaps others have commercial reasons as well, but don't come out for that.

Perhaps i made a mistake by not being clear about the exact question,
    so again my answer:

If you have to choose between the two above i would go for TrojanHunter.
    Because after testing both for quite a while, the results in our lab
    where very clear.

So in this case i can recommend TROJANHUNTER to the Original Poster!

I think it is a good thing that there are always people that are
    positive and negative about a product.

But is seems that being negative is not always appreciated,
    but what if it was always postive only that you read?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.