BOClean 4.24 is out

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by gismo999, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Works for me...

2. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Read through PugMug linked to Comodo. Just a few things come to mind I'll still stick by my earlier post. Nothing said at Comodo forum changes in my mind or how much I admire the PSC folks...

... but again what comes to mind is PSC was more desperate to get hooked up more so then I ever understood or go out of business. It is clear to Kevin (and Nancy) heart was in protecting his long term customers. ;) :thumb:

Second, Melih's said that Adobe EULA was pretty bad....AMEN to that, I recently updated to the latest version. I did it late at night and almost feel asleep at my computer totally o_O zzzzzzz. LOL :D

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I still am using Adobe version 6. Never have any problems accessing PDF files. :cool:

4. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Sometimes there really is not any need to update.

BOClean 4.22 is working just fine. I am likely not going to move to the latest version until updates for that are stopped.

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Insects :blink: Does that mean it could be full of Greenfly that could jump out of my screen and eat my plants and stuff :p

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Don't be afraid. I've been using the final release since it came out, and as far as I know it's good. Of course it hasn't stopped anything yet either because I frequent the safer sites. So I may never know.:D

7. Howard

Howard Registered Member

No problems with BOClean 4.24 here; indeed, it seems if anything to be even better re CPU usage than previous versions.

As for pdf files, I dumped the bloated mess aka Adobe Reader a while ago and use Foxit Reader - leaner, faster and free :cool:

8. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

A lot of people are recommending Foxit reader over the Adobe version. I guess I have been too lazy to try it out. Adobe hasn't ever caused a problem and since I am not a PDF document editor, I don't see much of the technical issues with the program.

9. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

This is a good description. So finally I also can test this BOCLEAN myth.
    It makes a very quiet impression, once it connected to theplanet.com, strange.

I am astonished about the many spambot variants it may recognize.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  10. poirot

poirot Registered Member

Ccsito,-talking about foxit- i installed it a year ago in place of Adobe:

i will never go back
    the change makes both pc and pdf opening much much faster
    occasional bsods disappear
    if you need advanced features you can buy the pro and get equal results at least.

11. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I changed to Foxit reader because Adobe reader had a startup conflict with the first Outpost Pro 4.0, I never have looked back since I installed Foxit reader. The version I started with had no nice blue and Orange logo as the newer ones do, so I took a website logo.ico file from my browsers image file and put it on the folder on my desktop.

12. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Ive always had problems running foxit with or without boclean installed,.It would behave ok for a while then id get out of the blue illegal errors,and windows 98 resources leaking to nothing so that only a hard reboot would restore them.i now use and am contented with another free .pdf programe called "expert pdf reader from visagesoft.
    ellison

13. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

I took BC off it didnt do alot? :rolleyes:

14. 19monty64

If it's just the reader you need, try this tiny app... http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/ ... been using for 2-3 mos. without issue.

15. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

It's probably not doing alot because your computer hasn't been infected. If you need something to look at click to show the boot up scan.:)

16. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

thanks for the link
    Touch wood im having no problems with expert pdf reader and it hasnt crashed on any .pdf file that ive opened yet,however ill bookmark that link you provided.Seems to be a nice and simple app...one to keep an eye on.
    ellison

17. 19monty64

I`m not sure if it`s still beta, but it was when I first installed it. Very stable & very small:thumb: :thumb: (I use CBoc 4.24 also)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.