BO Clean question

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Longboard, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

I have looked through the forums and remain somewhat uncertain about this aspect of BOC.
    Am giving serious consideration to paying for BOC. Mostly due to ringing endorsements from the forum floor.

What if a trojan is already installedon my machine (heaven forfend), will BOC pick this up?

Do I need to scan with other software/ do reinstall prior to install of BOC?

Thanks.

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

nope, from the moment this trojan is active, boclean will clean it. boclean will not clean in archives though. and is not a file scanner.

it only scans the memory.

cheers

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

You can initially use a anti-trojan file scanner to initially check your system.

For example, you can download the full version of Ewido, then carry out a full system scan which will check archives. This will check for any 'dormant' trojans on your computer (although most trojans are not dangerous until they are in memory).

Then after the Ewido trial period, decide whether you want to keep Ewido as a free on-demand scanner (but now it will no longer scan archives).

Once you know your Computer is clean, then install BOClean.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.