BMB 32-bit vs. 64-bit

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by campinas, Jan 14, 2014.

1. campinas

campinas Registered Member

With HDM 14 and its BMB, I'd like to understand when the environment BMB creates is 32-bit and when it is 64-bit (it seems to me WADK is capable of creating both 32-bit and 64-bit environments).

1. On Win8 32-bit one installs HDM 14 32-bit and BMB. Would the iso BMB creates be Win PE 4.0 32-bit?

2. On Win8 64-bit one installs HDM 14 64-bit and BMB. Would the iso BMB creates be Win PE 4.0 64-bit?

How can one control the type of environment (32-bit or 64-bit) BMB creates?

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Yes. You get a WinPE 4.0 if you use WADK for Windows 8 to create it.
    There are no explicit controls in Paragon programs, AFAIK. It depends on the "context" (the installed Windows environment, the program you use, Boot MB or Recovery MB).

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  3. campinas

Thanks... how can one determine the type (32/64-bit) after the iso was created and burned?

4. Robin A.

In some cases is not important. You can boot a BIOS system from a 32 or 64 bit WinPE. But an UEFI system won´t boot in UEFI mode from a 32-bit WinPE.

5. campinas

It matters when choosing the drivers to be inserted... 32-bit or 64-bit drivers.

6. Robin A.

Yes. If you have a WinPE and you don´t know how it was created, I don´t know how you determine if it´s 32 or 64 bit.

But if you add drivers, I think an error will appear if they are not compatible, or they just don´t work, and you can try the other option. This is trial and error, of course not the most efficient procedure.

7. campinas

Thank you much, Robin

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.