Bluetooth Speakers

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Infected, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Infected

Infected Registered Member

I bought a JBL Charge 2+ and looking to buy another one. Is there a way that I can use both of them via Bluetooth on my laptop?

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I once tried something similar that involved using a Bluetooth speaker and my laptops built-in ones at the same time. At first I tried the Windows Stereo Mix hack, but the second device definitely lagged behind in sound output.

Then I decided to try out VoiceMeeter (you can choose either the original or Banana version), which allowed 2 output devices. Unfortunately, the lag is still there, but there is the option to delay the first device to match the second one.

Unfortunately, VoiceMeeter requires another volume slider once it's set as default output device, and it doesn't actually affect the volume if I remember correctly. You still need to adjust the volume of the original devices either via Windows (annoying when 10 only shows one slider on left-click) or VoiceMeeter program. Plus, if another user logs in the computer, they won't hear any sound unless you terminate the VoiceMeeter process from your account somehow.

There were some other quirks here and there, and possible system instability. So in the end, I decided all these workarounds aren't worth the trouble and give my Bluetooth speaker to my family.

3. Infected

Infected Registered Member

Ok thnks. I might give that a try.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.