Bluescreen: 0x0000008E Error in amon.sys

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by Alec, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alec

Alec Registered Member

I have been running WinXP Pro SP2 and NOD32 2.000.11b for about a week now, and have had what seems to be occassional issues but generally working alright. I say occassional issues because I'm not exactly sure what software combinations are causing what issues and I don't want to prematurely point the finger at NOD32 beta.

However, tonight I did receive a bluescreen as I was shutting down the system. Below is the stop code (or bugcheck code) and other information on the screen:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xED72FAE7, 0xF6527A88, 0x00000000)

amon.sys - Address ED72FAE7 base at ED72D000, DateStamp 40fcced3

I have a minidump file produced during the crash in case it would be of possible use.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I think with this one your should send an email to beta2011@eset.sk and place a link to this thread...

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. Alec

Alec Registered Member

I have just sent off a message (w/ crashdump file) to the beta support address you provided. Thanks! I will let you know if I hear anything back. Maybe all of these annoyances I have gone through lately will payoff in some additional bug-squashing.

[Edit: I have now received and installed beta version 2.12.0. Everything seems ok so far. Although I only ever had the bluescreen occur the one time on shutdown as stated above, so if the issue hasn't been resolved with this new version it may take awhile to re-appear, if ever. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, though! BTW, I did identify one issue that seems to crop up in this 2.12.0 that was also present in 2.000.11b, I have started a new thread in this forum for this other potential issue.]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.