Blue Screen with nod32 Installed.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by savdya, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savdya

savdya Registered Member

Hi,

I have a dual boot system one running 'Windows 7' and and one running 'Windows XP SP3' with 'Nod32 SmartSecurity 4.0.437' installed on the both the systems running fine for last 4 to 5 months.

Three days ago i started the machine and booted into Windows XP and got a blue screen and the computer restarted again. i was not able to boot normally so i started the system in safe mode and tried to restore the system through the system restore.

I tried a number of system restore points but all failed to start my system in normal mode.

ultimately i was able to start the system in normal mode after restore from a old restore point created with 'Winrescue XP' in which nod32 was not installed.

Now my system was working fine , so to make sure the problem was with nod32 i installed it back again rebooted the system and the blue screen was back.

i thought the problem might be with some other software conflicting with Nod32 so i installed a fresh copy of Windows XP installed nod32, updated and rebooted the system and it worked fine. i restarted the system a number of times and there was no problem.

The Problem started when i started the system next day and the same blue screen was back. This time i simply logged in safe mode and renamed all the eset folders and then restarted the system and it logged in normal mode without any problem.

By the way my nod32 on other boot OS (Windows 7) is working fine without any problems.

I am unable to understand why this is happening. :(

Can anybody help me on this....

2. savdya

savdya Registered Member

Hi,

I think this is the problem with dual boot systems ...i just found another system with dual boot OS ( Windows 7 and Windows XP). Installed nod32 in windows XP and updated it. The moment i restarted the system i got a same blue screen...:)

now how to solve this problem....

Similar problem here...

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=269085

3. savdya

savdya Registered Member

Hi,

Kindly find the attached dump file.

Attached Files:

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

"..
    BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8055d340, f78e2c38, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!CcPfGlobals+50 )
    .."
    that is a fairly common bugcheck not really saying anything

edit: i assume you have updated all relevant drivers & latest bios

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.