Blue screen with latest RPro

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by asembler, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asembler

asembler Registered Member

This happens on Returnil Virtual System Pro v3.2.11343.5521-REL11

When I enter virtual mode it takes about 15-30min for BSOD to occure.
    I use virtual mode for one session only.
    Windows 7 32 bit.

I just recoverd windows with acronis and now everything works perfect so Returnil is definitely causing this...please let your team test this.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi,
    What version and build of Acronis are you using?

4. asembler

Acronis is not installed on my system.I use bootable cd for recovery and it's latest version of accronis true image home 2011.
    System is very clean so I don't think there are conflicts with other software.
    After recovering I installed Returnil System Safe Free v3.2.11341.5521-REl11 and it works fine...no BSOD's so far :)
    Must be something fishy with Pro version...

5. Coldmoon

Should make no difference whatsoever as they are exactly the same under the hood except for what features have been unlocked. Try registering it again and let me know the results. If you experience a BSOD, send the files from the link Cudni posted, but also include the following in your e-mail:

C:\Windows\MINIDUMP -> look for files with the same date/time as the BSOD
    C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP (if it exists) -> This file may be too large to send via e-mail so please let me know if this is true in your case and I can get FTP upload access for you to our server.

Mike

6. asembler

Ok, will do if it happens again.

7. Coldmoon

In the interim, can you generate an MSINFO32 report and send it over via the support address? The QC team would like to try and create a simulation of your system in the lab to see if they can reproduce the issue.

Mike

8. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

If you have a minidump then i would recommend you try Bluescreenview to help pinpoint what caused the BSOD. It has saved me a lot of time, and assisted me in reporting BSOD's. It will highlight what caused the BSOD in red. It's very easy to use. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

9. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I started getting blue screens yesterday. But this is not the only odd thing I have noticed recently.

The other day Returnil started acting up on all 3 of my computers. I think it must have to do with a Returnil update. If I walk away from a computer for a while and come back the icon is gone and I get a message, something to the effect that Returnil is not availble, and I have to restart. To prevent this I have to tell the computers not to go to sleep if I want to leave for a few minutes. This happened on 3 computers around the same time.

I started getting blue screens yesterday. The only change that has been made are the microsoft updates from 2 days ago.....other than any Returnil updates. I had several blue screens and so I finally just reinstalled. This morning I just had another blue screen while trying to move a file to a USB stick. I have been using Returnil for a long time with the same software with no problems.

Another thing I have noticed. This is something that I had noticed when Returnil was first available on Vista 64 bit. It use to be a problem with Returnil. Icons are slower to respond when you click. Software programs seem sluggish. And a while ago all of a sudden I could not use any of the icons on my desktop. I had to restart. It has been a long time since I have seen these kinds of issues with Returnil so I am thinking that an update is responsible.

10. Coldmoon

Hi capian,
    We need the usual logs and the Windows minidump(s) associated with the blue screen incidents. If you also have a full memory dump (C:\Windows\MEMROY.DMP), you should include it in your support e-mail.

While we take a look at the logs, please ensure that you are not one of those effected by the MS update that some are calling the "Black hole" patch as there are a significant number of reports detailing a very serious issue with that patch; especially on 64 bit systems.

Mike

11. caspian

I actually ran Ccleaner. If I get another memory dump I will figure out how to upload it. The last time I tried something was preventing me from uploading it.

Anyway I uninstalled Returnil and used my computer for a while. There were some HP updates too. So maybe it's okay now.

I did not know about MS update problems. But I did not get any blue screeens until after the latets updates from Microsoft.

I will send you an PM with my license. Thanks, Caspian

12. Coldmoon

The concern I have here is whether the registry entries for the virtualization was addressed properly. See your PM for some additional detail you can use to verify that the registry is properly edited to remove the reference to the Virtual Mode driver.

Mike

13. caspian

Hey Mike I just replied again to the PM. But I just wanted to mention too that after I reinstalled my OS, I had not done the HP updates yet so maybe that is why I got another blue screen. But after I did the HP updates and used my computer a little, it is running smooth as silk. Thanks. And thanks for the heads up on the Microsoft update problem. I think that must be what happened because that is when my problem. started

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.