Blue screen when explore an image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jefftse, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jefftse

jefftse Registered Member

Hi there!

I'm using TI 8 Enterprise server for my SBS 2003. When I try to explorer the image that I already backup in secure zone, I get blue screen every time! I even installed the latest SnapAPI.219_s_e.exe, the problem was never resolved. I don't know what to do at this point. Please someone advise me!

Thanks
    Jeff

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (1213) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (1213) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows then please check whether all volumes of the image archive that you try to explore reside in the same folder. If the image archive you try to explore is spanned over several CDs\DVDs then you should copy all files from all discs to one folder on the hard drive (any internal, external or network drive) and only after that start a mounting process.

If that's not the case then please verify this image by means of the Check Image tool and see the result. If the image verifies as corrupted then I'm afraid it can not be mounted as a virtual drive by means of the embedded Explore Image tool.

If that's not the case either and your image archive verifies successfully then please provide us with the following information:

- Where do you store your image?

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Make a screen shot of the latest screen of the Explore Image wizard which contains the operation scenario (see the example);

- Go to Start -> Run, run "regedit" command and let us know the data lines of the below registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters

- Download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows, try mount this image archive as a virtual drive by means of the embedded Mount Image tool (in fact the same as Explore Image in version 8.0) and inform us about the result.

Please also do the following:

- Download SetupApiLog.zip, unpack it and run in order to add the information to the Windows registry;

- Delete \Windows\setupapi.log and reboot the computer;

- Reproduce the problem and collect the setupapi.log file created;

- Let us know whether there is a delay after hitting Proceed and getting the blue screen.

Please also do the following:

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;

- Go to Advanced tab;

- Press Startup and Recover Settings button;

- Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;

- Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

- Reproduce the system crash and collect the mini-dumps created.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. jefftse

jefftse Registered Member

Thanks for the reply

I'm using 1213

and the data lines are

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters -->PartMgr snapman

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters --> timounter snapman

Thanks
    Jeff

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jeff,

I'm afraid that we need the rest information that has been requested in order to proceed with the investigation of this issue. Please do as I have suggested and submit a request for technical support containing the information requested along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.