Blue screen on WINXP -Urgent help need

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by horn, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horn

horn Registered Member

After successfuly resize of partition C:\WINXP (enlarge it for 2 GB on account of parttion G:\ WIN 98 SE-become smaller for 2 GB), using Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0, all operations past O.K. but when reboot throug OS selector, for WINXP ,after boot sequenze appear blue screen
    "STOP:C0000218{Registry file Failure}
    The registry can not load the hive (file)
    SystemRoot\System 32\Config\Software or its log, are alternate
    It is corrupt,absent, or not writable.
    Beguining damp of physical memory.
    Phisical damp complete.
    Contact your system administrator or technical support for further assistance."
    As I have dual boot try WIN 98 SE and it's perfect functional
    Try to boot in safe mode , but blue screen appear again.
    I have Acronis True Image and also bootable CD and flopies to do Restore Image, but I am afraid that I can demage WINXP.
    PLease advice me wahat I can do (if anything)to repear WINXP

2. bottom

bottom Registered Member

3. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

try the link above, BUT i think you will end up with 98se drive not bootable, as a result.

the way its configured now i think you will always have problems as it looks like 98se was loaded after XP

NOTE: for dual boot system you need to load 98se first [before XP] and it will take the C: drive partition, then you can load XP to the D: drive partition, xp will then enable a option of which OS to boot from as 98se doesnt support dual booting and has to be loaded first.

you should pre-create the partitions and format C: for fat and load 98se there.

4. horn

horn Registered Member

As the problem re WINXP is in connection with corrupted registry and the whole procedure of repearing is for my knowladge level more then complicated,please revert if Restore Image using TI Server can resolve this situation.
    To make all things more difficult , using Recovery Console means loosing all Win updates, drivers and so on.
    Just WIN Updates for XP SP2 now are more then 270 MB, and to dload them with my dual up modem connections will last for ages.
    Even if I go to some proffesional service , I am afraid that the result will be the same.
    Please reconsider once again my Q re Ristore Image - if this is a workable solution , or I have to forget it.
    Thanks for your assistance,

5. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

if the registry is scrambled you will have to do a repair install, and even then some or all programs may not work.

you cannot restore a registry hive from an acronis backup image to my knowledge.

do you have a good image to restore from?

6. horn

horn Registered Member

Can not be 100% sure -Verification was done and no error message or something received.
    Try in mean time to boot from TI Server flopies and arrived till "Proceed" Restore Image, but stoped operation.
    My dilema was when a Registry is demaged does Restore Image is possible at all .:doubt:

7. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

[My dilema was when a Registry is demaged does Restore Image is possible at all]

if that is a question! YES you can.

8. horn

horn Registered Member

I have had good luck with Acronis True Image.Finaly I run Restore Image and all back to previous state.
    What to say....Acronis TI Server and Disk Director Suite
    are realy GREAT apps, magic and fantastic . I warmly raccomand them to all PC users.:thumb:

9. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

Glad to here you are back up again :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.