Blue screen on Boot since update

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by WilliamP, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Monday after downloading the update I started having problems. I E Mailed ESET and so far no response. Tuesday I could not get to internet at all. I removed NOD32 and did a system restore. Now when I boot up I get a blue screen saying[ that Windows is having to shut down to prevent damage, downloading physical memory to disk] Then it boots up and seems normal. Please help, I don't know if I need to reload Windows or what. I still want to get NOD32 back but I feel I need to straighten this mess out first.

2. sig

sig Registered Member

This won't help but just trying to think of what might have started going wrong....

Obviously the last component update had problems and IMON seemed to be the (or at least primary) culprit in some fashion since internet connectivity was effected.

At that point did you do a "repair" of the network connection through the setting in IMON? Obviously if you did, it didn't do any good. If you didn't that might or might not have made any difference, given various reports here.

Honestly I'm clueless about this, but wondering if some of the winsock fixes previously posted somewhere about here (and there were a few others) might help to restore whatever got borked by the update and uninstall.

What about the thing where you check system files...W98 had system file checker, think it may be called something else in XP?

Hope someone with more of a clue about this can help out. Gotta run right now.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Look at this thread:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=17741

4. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I didn't shut my computer off last night . This afternoon I ran Check Disk then rebooted and it booted with no problem. I still have an Eset file [nodshex.dll ] in the Eset folder and can't delete it. It seems I will have to go to the safe mode to delete it and I have never done anything like that before. I want to get that done before I redownload NOD.Have they gotten everything straightened out and up dated?? Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.