Blue screen of death after installing Nod32 and then rebooting

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by wag0n, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wag0n

wag0n Registered Member

Hi, on rebooting a PC after installing NOD32 I'm getting the blue screen of death.

I've gone back to the last good config of windows and XP will now boot up. So removed ESET and PC reboots fine.

Reinstalled ESET and get the same prob so I think that something on my PC isn't happy with ESET.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to get ESET and my PC to run together nicely

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please configure the oper. system to generate kernel or better complete memory dumps per the instructions here, reproduce BSOD and convey the dump created in a compressed form to ESET for perusal. So far all problems like this were caused by another outdated or conflicting driver in the system. The dump should reveal the cause of BSOD. In the mean time, you can try disabling self-defense which will most likely resolve the problem.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  3. wag0n

wag0n Registered Member

Hi Marcos, thanks very much for the reply. Please could you give a me a link to the instructions and I'll get the mem dump back to you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.