blue screen Nod32x64 SBS 2008

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by shabbaranks, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shabbaranks

shabbaranks Registered Member

Hi,

Are there still issues with Nod32 v4 on servers? I installed Nod32 and renamed epfwwfpr but it blue screened about 2 minutes after.

Is the suggested fix roll back to version 3? Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have Self-defense enabled? I assume the server doesn't have USB 3.0 ports so we can rule out the known problems of older USB 3.0 drivers.

3. shabbaranks

shabbaranks Registered Member

I will check - I had to uninstall it as the users were getting fraustrated. I thought best to install v3 out of hours and see if that works. Does v3 still require the renaming of the driver epfwwfp

Thanks

4. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

No, it does not. Version 3 of the ESET product does not use the same network filtering driver / platform as Version 4.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

On the other hand, V3 has bugs that were fixed in v4. I'd suggest using the latest version of EAV 4.2.71, applying recommended exclusions for mail servers and disabling Anti-Stealth and Self-defense to prevent potential interferences with 3rd party drivers. Installing ESS on servers is not recommended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.