Blue Screen after image restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by atriad, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atriad

atriad Registered Member

Good Afternoon,

I am evaluating Acronis True Image Server for Windows for several of my customers. I am replacing 12 PCs at one location and I feel imaging would be a better solution than installing and configuring each machine seperately. I have created an image and attempted to install that image on the new machine.

I am using the Universal Restore as the image will be installed on a dis-similiar hadware machine. After the image restore (while trying to load windows) I recieve a blue screen with a stop code of c0000263, fltmgr.sys. The operating system is Windows 2000 SP4. I have attempted to do a repair install of Windows and that does not fix the error. I have also attempted a fixboot and fixmbr.

If i dont find a solution soon I will just end up installing these new machines manually. I hope someone could point me in the proper direction.

Paul

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello atriad,

Thank you for using Acronis Server Backup software.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

In order to investigate the issue we need Windows System Information file from the source machine (machine which was backed up), Acronis Report file created from the target machine - machine where you restored the image to and screen shot of the BSod screen (you can make photo with the digital camera). Windows System Information file can be collected as described in Acronis Help Post. In order to collect Acronis Report file you need a special version of Acronis Report Utility. Please download it, run and choose the media you wish to run it from, then please boot under created media and collect Acronis Report file. After that please submit a request for technical support with the mentioned files attached to the request and the link to this thread. Unfortunately the issue under consideration is rather complicated for investigation and probably we'll also need some additional information and Support engineer will request it if it is really needed. Somehow or other please be sure we will do our best to help and fix the issue.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

3. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

Though the blue screen points to some sort of hardware configuration problem, my advice is for you to check the drive letters.

With windows xp/server 2003/windows 2000 if the system drive letter gets changed during restoration (a common occurence) it will result in startup problems. Fixmbr/Fixboots and repair installations won't fix a drive letter problem.

It's a quick check that can save you hours of troubleshooting. You can try the demo of "paragon justboot corrector", the demo can read the drive letters directly from the registry of your non-booting hard drive. (note- the demo is a 2 year old build that hasn't been updated, it doesn't work on all the latest computers but you can see if it works on yours.)

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/JustBoot_Boot_Corrector_38938_p/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.