Blue Ridge Networks Announces AppGuard Line of Business Contributed to Japan

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hdwydgw534, Apr 21, 2017.

1. guest

guest Guest

http://www.blueridge.com/index.php/News/735

2. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Here I am proud to be a AppGuard user. :)

3. guest

guest Guest

Appguard is top notch software. Since i used it, my need for an AV or HIPS/BB vanished definitively :)

4. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Yep, definitely no A/V here either.

5. guest

guest Guest

I guess this "fusion" , will makes AG more "popular" "and the cash involved will help the development. Appguard division in BRN is actually limited in term of financial and human resources.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I have to agree. Appguard is top notch.

7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I don't use Appguard and hope I never have to but if or when that does happen it's a relief to know it will still be around in force and widely popular.

8. guest

guest Guest

Indeed with SD + Sbie + ERP , the probability you get infected is extremely low.

9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Appguard is a sharp whip, that's a no brainer.

It's good to know that there are excellent (and some new) multiple choices for PC security that are readily available (commercial/free) for multiple purposes depending on what personal choices fit your own PC schema the best.

10. Duotone

Duotone Registered Member

Same here...

11. Lockdown

Lockdown Registered Member

That is because AppGuard Consumer has, up to this point, essentially been a "test-bed" for Enterprise.

Also, comparatively, the AppGuard user-base has always been miniscule. So if a product only produces 2 % of sales, it is only going to be given 2 % of development time. From a financial perspective, development time is proportional to sales. A lot of software users, especially home users, do not grasp this second point.

12. XhenEd

XhenEd Registered Member

Am I not understanding something? Of course, BRN has always been a cybersecurity company.

13. guest

guest Guest

Indeed
    And this is relayed with the entire orientation of the company; if the sales to home users are very low and not considered as an important factor in the development of the company, everything related to it will be limited.
    For example, some people wondered why AG doesn't offers trial anymore, it is just because the benefit-returns is so insignificant that keep offering trials will be a burden on the support team which must focuses on real customers.

14. Lockdown

I don't think so at this point, but in some distant future you just never know...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  15. Lockdown

It means that the AppGuard division will be owned by a Japanese consortium of investors comprised of various companies with operations, services and\or products in the IT realm. The transition will occur after all terms of the agreement have been satisfied.

The consortium wanted very strong protection - and they chose very wisely. :D

16. guest

guest Guest

If you are using the end users as beta testers for free why don't you offer for free the end user version of appguard?

17. Lockdown

"Test-bed" ≠ beta testers. There are only very few beta testers. People that purchase AppGuard consumer licenses receive stable releases and not beta releases. So we aren't using people as "guinea pigs."

Test-bed = getting general user feedback on each new stable version. Beta testing, while similar, is predominantly the hunt for bugs and other issues discovered in new builds.

There is a cost to any publisher for a free product version, so I don't see a free version of AppGuard ever happening. The general industry trend for free versions of software of all types is phase-outs; the expense is simply too high.

18. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

http://www.esecurityplanet.com/network-security/appguard-completes-30-million-funding-round.html

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.