Bloodhound.Exploit.20 help

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by helpmeplz, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helpmeplz

helpmeplz Registered Member

I just got a virus called Bloodhound.Exploit.20 that affects the file C;/Documents and Settin.../free[1].anr. Could somebody help me out?

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

3. helpmeplz

I am also using Ewido. And anr is not an error, that was the file that Norton said was infected (a red popup popped up and said i have a virus and said that this file was infected). What should I do?

EDIT: Is this a serious virus or is it easy to remove?

4. TopperID

Well it's not actually a virus at all - it is an 'exploit' which in certain cicumstances could take advantage of a Windows vulnerability as per the following:-
    However if Nortan has alerted to it surely it has been quarantined? Because it is a heuristic finding it is even possible that Norton has made a mistake in which case (if you still have the file) you can upload the file to Jotti's for confirmation:-

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

You could also give yoursrlf an online scan:-

http://www.kaspersky.com/service?chapter=161739400

If the file has been quarantined and you are now 'clean', there is nothing else to do. You don't give the complete file path, so no info can be gleaned from that, though I might have expected the file to appear in your temp internet files rather than Documents and settings.

5. helpmeplz

Well, the thing is is that I have an expired version of Norton so I'm not sure that it automtacially quarantined it. Where can I go to check just to make sure?

6. TopperID

It gave you a warning didn't it - so it must have found it! In any case it was using heuristics rather than signatures.

Look in the records section of Norton for details.

Give yourself an online scan if worried.

If you don't want to renew your Norton licence then uninstall it and replace it with a good free AV that you can keep updated at no cost:-

http://www.majorgeeks.com/AntiVir_Personal_Edition_7_d955.html

7. helpmeplz

I checked the quarantine section on Norton and nothing came up o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.