blocks netscape webmail and hotmail

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by RiverZenPoet1, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverZenPoet1

RiverZenPoet1 Registered Member

I use firefox 1.0, Mozilla' latest, and netscape 7.2 and certain sites (like the ones in the title) give me this message "REDIRECTION LIMIT FOR THIS URL EXCEEDED. UNABLE TO LOAD REQUESTED PAGE." Only Internet Explorer works for these sites. It is annoying. Disabling Spyblaster doesn't help. Nor did uninstalling it. I did not have these problems until I loaded this program. What did it doo_O

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

If disabling SpywareBlaster did not fix the problem, it isn't being caused by SpywareBlaster. (Disabling protection means no changes made by SpywareBlaster are left, so it shouldn't be the issue here.)

Do you have Javascript or cookies blocked in Firefox? That could possibly be causing the issue (based on a Google search).

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. RiverZenPoet1

RiverZenPoet1 Registered Member

Well, I didn't disable it the first time I uninstalled it. I wrongly assumed unistalling it would get rid of all of it. Then I installed it again, disabled it and then uninstalled it. Perhaps, there are residual effects because I uninstalled it (without disabling it) the first time. Some sites just won't work no matter what I do. And your program is the only difference between the sites working and the sites being unavailable. River.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

If you Disabled Protection before uninstalling it the last time, no part of SpywareBlaster's protection should be remaining.

Just a question, though - did you check for updates before disabling protection? If not, would you mind installing it again, getting the latest updates, and then pressing the "Disable All Protection" button?

SpywareBlaster definitely shouldn't be causing the problem you described (even when enabled). And, of course, when it's disabled no part of its protection is remaining. SpywareBlaster doesn't make any changes to Mozilla, Firefox, or Netscape that should be able to cause the issues you described.

Do you have a firewall, and have you verified its settings are correct for those browsers?

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.